Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bluepersonality Posts: 39, Reputation: 3

Jan 25, 2016, 02:20 PM
    Are my glasses ruined?
    I have a pair of eye glasses. They are the Oakley Testimony. The lenses have some sort of film over them. After having them for a long time, the film wore off at the bottom of the lenses. It was spotty, if I looked through the bottom of the lenses, it was like looking through dirty foggy lenses. It got really bad, so I looked online for a solution and found a you tube video where a guy buffed his to like new. So I tried that. I used White Diamond metal polish. It was the finest stuff I had. I buffed and buffed w/microfiber towels. Now all (ok almost all) of the film is gone. Sadly I think they are better, but they are still horrid. Now there are fine scratches all over the lenses. When I look through them there are lines horizontally across the lenses. And light catches these lines. And it's weird. I can't afford going to the eye doctor to get a new prescription right now. Are they ruined or are the salvageable?
    Thank you.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 25, 2016, 03:39 PM
    Maybe or Maybe not ?

http://www.amazon.com/Lens-Buff-Eyeglass-Scratch-Remover/dp/B00069QRAC/ref=sr_1_2/186-7488455-8104161?ie=UTF8&qid=1453761341&sr=8-2&keywords=lens+polishing+kit

http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Scratches-From-Plastic-Lens-Glasses

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I ruined everything [ 4 Answers ]

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relationships/girlfriend-told-me-her-feelings-faded-644067.html The break up was 2 months ago from today. She got attached 3 weeks later. Just last week, I begun to text her with the most recent one yesterday. It went horribly wrong. I received a call from her...

How do I get what I need done without everything being ruined? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm really not exactly sure where to put this, because it's about Financial Aid, but it's about my mother not paying her taxes so I can't get it. Here's the issue. I'm a full time student in college right now. I filed for Financial Aid, but it's not finished going through because my mom hasn't...

I ruined it all, [ 6 Answers ]

okay, so me and my boyfriend have been broken up for about 4 days now. And things are really akward, we don't talk anymore or anything. I mean, in the hallway we take a quick glance at each other and everythingg, but that's all. I feel like me and him are fading away. I broke up with him first,...

Hair Ruined [ 2 Answers ]

Recently got some highlights on to light brown hair.My fringe is ruined And over processed .It is now breaking off every time I comb it What should I do and not do to help stop breakage:(

I am ruined [ 1 Answers ]

In the post previous to this one, I explain a small amount of why I haven't seen my daughter which I cannot handle at all. Not being able to see her in the years has ate at my soul and I occasionally break down. Yesterday I drove an hour on the freeway. Half way through, I was praying and...

View more questions Search