Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Buck1117 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2016, 10:11 PM
    Can a License Journeyman have his own business?
    Can a License Journeyman have his own business? I was in the process of registering DBA with the County Clerk , but was trying to inquire? I would be doing small electrical jobs?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 24, 2016, 04:46 AM
    What state are you in? This is what I found.

https://www.sba.gov/content/register...iness-dba-name

The legal name of your business is required on all government forms and applications, including your application for employer tax IDs, licenses and permits.

How to Register your “Doing Business As” Name
    Registering your DBA is done either with your county clerk's office or with your state government, depending on where your business is located. There are a few states that do not require the registering of fictitious business names.

The short answer is YES, you can start your own business, even subcontract yourself to other contractors, however you cannot get a permit if one is required for any project.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 24, 2016, 06:32 AM
    Licensing and business requirements are subject to local laws. You need to check with your local dept of commerce or similar agency for those requirements. I would also check with score.org and sba.gov for advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What business license is required for small business - selling a intangiable product? [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently writing a business plan for "Call Center Consultancy - Training, Evaluation and Development". What business license is required for small business - selling a intangiable product? Also What steps do I take in order to name my business to ensure I have covered all legal aspects?

I need a business license [ 4 Answers ]

How do I get a business license the fastest way! With no credit?

If I have a business license, do I need a business bank account? [ 1 Answers ]

I got a business license a few years ago through the city of jacksonvile Florida.since then I had a baby and didn't think I would pursue the business. I am now readdy to reactivate the liicense and go forward with the business. How do I do this?It is a residential cleanign service and so far I am...

Business license [ 12 Answers ]

Do you need a business licence to start your own cleaning business? Do you also need to be insured if your employees steal from your clients?

Business License [ 3 Answers ]

If a person is conducting business without a business license or filing taxes on the proceeds, and has charged an outrageous charge to do auto work, how do you report the fraud?

View more questions Search