Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 22, 2016, 03:34 PM
    Can you believe it... a faucet that can burn your house down... UGH!
    FAUCET RECALL

Burn Hazards; Sold Exclusively at Home Depot The battery box used to power the faucet’s sensor can short circuit, overheat and/or melt, posing fire and burn hazards to consumers.

Name:  Faucet1.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  8.4 KB

Recall Summary

Name of product: Glacier Bay and Schӧn kitchen faucets
    Hazard: The battery box used to power the faucet’s sensor can short circuit, overheat and/or melt, posing fire and burn hazards to consumers.

Remedy: View Details
    Repair

Consumer Contact: Lota USA/Parts Helper toll-free at 877-580-5682 Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. ET, on Saturdays between 7 a.m. and 2 p.m. ET, or online at www.lotausa.com and click on “Recall” or at www.homedepot.com and click on “Product Recalls” at the bottom of the page for more information.
    Dchdman Posts: 226, Reputation: 17

Jan 22, 2016, 07:51 PM
    Yes actually I can

A number of products are recalled each year from all over the world due to defects that can cause harm.

I remember a few years ago , I had a TV signal amplifier to boost the TV signal due to we were running two or more TV off the same connection.

3 month into it's use we got a factory recall , so I wondered why. I opened the thing up and found half the wire inside it had started to rust.

Someone had forgotten to treat the metal or something so it wouldn't rust.

Things do happen as we are only human.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 22, 2016, 09:51 PM
    I am not surprised. Never liked the way they leave those wires exposed under the sink. Kind of sloppy design

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boy burn down the house with his drug using mother in it.. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I spend almost 10 years of finding the movie title, but cant find it anywhere, it is really frustrating. I saw the movie when I was 13/15 I believe (1995/1998) . It was english spoken and involves an adolescent boy that lives in a ty house and his mother is on drugs. In the end he...

Ac caused fire to burn down house [ 1 Answers ]

It was on my local news. And I do not know all the details. Window Air Conditioner Blew up, flames went into the house, and the ac finally exploded . The house caught fire. How does this occur. I though the breakers would trip, when there is a short. Is there any safety feature I can...

Will I burn down my house? [ 7 Answers ]

I am installing a sauna, and I hit the new sauna wire with the blade of my reciprocating saw. It damaged the covering of the wire and partially cut one of the small copper wire strands inside. It's a red and black inside with a ground. Each has 7 copper strands in them. The wire says NMD 90 300...

Please help, before I burn down my house! [ 7 Answers ]

Ok, I am sure this has probably been asked before, but I couldn't find it anywhere. For some reason, when my hous was built one entire side was placed on one breaker, 4 rooms with all lighting and recepitcals. Whenever I turn my vacuum on with a couple of lights on, it throws the breaker. This...

Will my house burn down? [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: I wrote earlier about the squeaking/screeching dryer... some people gave me some good advice, but I need to know if you think that it is safe to use, and if I need to buy a new one. If it is the bearings... what happens if they get too hot and seize completley... will that...

View more questions Search