Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daleslad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2005, 11:33 AM
    IRA's Prior to 1986
    I purchased some IRA's prior to 1986 as well as others after that period. I am trying to find out how the prior 1986 IRA's are treated when it comes time to do the Required Minimum Distribution.
    Thank you
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Mar 7, 2005, 05:32 PM
    I can't give you an answer without knowing a lot of details. You need IRS publication 590. It will tell you everything you need to know.
    Go to WWW.IRS.GOV and select information for individuals,
    Then resources: forms and publications; then download by publication number.
    Scroll down the list until you see Publ 590. Ignore the numbers on the left of the list.

If you have never read an IRS publication before it might seem a bit intimidating. But after you get used to them they aren't to bad.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1986 boxed set of baseball cards [ 3 Answers ]

I have a boxed set of 1986 baseball cards where do I go to find the value of them ? :o

New tenant with prior bankruptcy [ 3 Answers ]

I am considering renting to a person who declared bankruptcy last year. Credit report shows the problem stems from charges made in 2002 and in prior years. Her advisor recommended she declare before the laws changed last year. Credit report shows she no longer has any credit cards and has had no...

1986 mtd,18hp,46 in deck [ 1 Answers ]

I have had this in because there are times it will stop pulling. If I shift upwards to a higher gear ,it will start to pull but then quits. It does not happen all the time but it seems that the local repair people can not find the reason for this? The belts are new and the deck has been...

Colorado Relocation Prior to Hearing [ 3 Answers ]

My husband (Anthony) and I live in Colorado. He fathered a child out of a one night stand in 2005 out of which his son was born December 2005. He is now eight months old. The mother also lived in this same area. From the very beginning Anthony told her that the two of them would not be...

View more questions Search