Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Elliot Shipley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2016, 02:20 PM
    How to price a job.
    I have a small interior painting job and I need to know how much shouldiI charge my customer for the labor because she's an elderly widow and I don't want to over charge her but I don't want to screw myself either?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 21, 2016, 03:24 PM
    Is painting part of your day job, or is this just to be helpful?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 21, 2016, 05:06 PM
    You can charge her for the paint and 20 bucks for a small job. If you are too cheap though little old ladies can find MANY small jobs.

That doesn't have to be a bad thing though. You don't have to get rich but be fair about your time and efforts. It's not impolite to ask what she thinks is fair or what she can afford... NEGOTIATE a good fair price.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 21, 2016, 07:21 PM
    If you are in the painting business (and I will assume or guess you are not) you would just charge her the same as anyone else, You are in business not a charity, and if in business will find soon, that doing too many "favors" will bite you quickly.

If you are not in business of painting and feel sorry for some poor old lady, do it free, perhaps invite some church friends to help, and do some charity work.
    Dchdman Posts: 226, Reputation: 17

Jan 22, 2016, 12:33 AM
    I would go 20 to 25 dollars per room painted and then the cost of the paint noting small interior paint job could mean one to three rooms.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to price a painting job [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, I need a price estimate for a 50 square house. Work to be done includes 3 coats each on all walls and ceilings, Paint is provided by client, labor n and all other materials to be included in the quote What would be a competitive price??

How to price a outside paint job [ 3 Answers ]

I have to price a job its striping paint of a wall and repainting it it is 100sq mts how do I give a price

How to price a commercial job? [ 2 Answers ]

I just started my Janitorial service company in Southern California. I need to know how to go about pricing the job. How do I go about it. The job is taking care of the cleaning of some commercial building etc.. Anyone has an Idea how this works so I don't under charge or over charge?

Brake job fair price [ 4 Answers ]

I wonder what is a fair price is for a brake job. On a 2003 Toyota echo. Even just the front pads for material and labor. Hollywood, Florida. I was lucky this time pepboys charged me $183.00 for the front pads and rear shoes. I do not know, if they resurfaced the rotors or not. Thanks for...

How to know how to price a painting job for the client [ 2 Answers ]

Hello again, I wanted to say thanks to Ruby Pitbull for the advice. I have some more questions about painting. How do you know how much to price a house painting job, or a per room job. I mean would you price the job to the client by square ft, or price by gallon of paint sprayed? I know that...

View more questions Search