Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bossmanbaddad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2016, 12:01 PM
    Guardian furnace
    The furnace works fine cycling every 3-4 degrees in the winter. But, for some reason when the burner has to work longer say 5-6 degrees it wants to turn off the burner and leave the fan running. Sometimes in the middle of the night it will do the same thing so it's not always when I come home to turn up the furnace when I had it schedule lower.
    I replaced the igniter, high limit switch, the high water switch, I had build up in the incoming pipe of frost but that isn't my problem. I take off the black hose pieces to the switches and blew in them. What's up?
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2016, 07:47 PM
    It might be going off on limit due to insufficient air flow. This is a very common problem.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 8, 2016, 05:08 AM
    You changed out parts without properly evaluating your thermostat settings? That's expensive. I assume you have a programmable (you said "scheduled") and every time you manually reset it you may be changing the program for 24 hours. Another factor is the actual inside temperature as relative to the outside. Refer to your owner's manual about setting and overriding the programming. What's the make and model number?

Did you change those parts yourself? Were there any error lights on the control panel? Just trying to get a feel for your troubleshooting methods.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

York guardian gas furnace water in exhaust fan [ 0 Answers ]

I have an 80,000 Guardian Gas furnace. The rollout switch tripped the other day and it sounds like there is water in the Exhaust blower. First I wondered where the water might come from and if that tripped the rollout switch. Also where is the reset for the rollout switch ? I have a model...

I have a guardian upflow furnace, 92% eff. That is continually sending a #3 error [ 1 Answers ]

I have a guardian upflow furnace, 92% eff. It is sending me a #3 error (pressure switch is stuck open), it had happened to me about 3 weeks ago, turned off the furnace for about 15min and the error cleared and it has worked fine ever since, now I am getting the same error but cannot get it to...

Guardian angels [ 2 Answers ]

What are Guardian angels and who is mine?

Legal guardian after 18 [ 2 Answers ]

I was given permanent custody of one of my daughters friends who was a teenager. Now that she is 19 what is my legal relationship to her? Can she still list me as next of kin for medical issues.

View more questions Search