Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 19, 2016, 09:38 AM
    Cell phones
    When a cell phone is powered off does it have the memory capacity to receive a text message and store it till the phone is powered on again, and display it?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 19, 2016, 09:44 AM
    It is held in limbo by your carrier for a period of time, until connection can be re-established with the handset.
    Of course, if your handset is merely sleeping then it is delivered.
    Expert

Jan 19, 2016, 09:53 AM
    No it was powered off
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 19, 2016, 09:57 AM
    My cellphone stores emails and texts that become visible when I turn it on.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2016, 02:36 PM
    Powered off, it is in the cloud. When you turn it on, it reconnects and downloads. That is why they can't track your phone if it is off.
    Expert

Jan 20, 2016, 03:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    Powered off, it is in the cloud. When you turn it on, it reconnects and downloads. That is why they can't track your phone if it is off.
    Thanks ma. Phone was off for a full 8 hours, when I turned it back on, the notification sound of two knocks (which I had chosen) indicated that there should have been a text, but there was not.

It is okay. My provider is the Telus network here in Ontario. I have been quite happy with their service over the years.
    anwarabir Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2016, 10:36 PM
    Yes, If your Android phone battery down and after few hours u turn on your phone, then the phone show you all of the notification those come in few hours :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cell Phones [ 9 Answers ]

I have Blue Tooth in the car and I purchased a NoN Android phone from Tracfone. They told me that, that phone will not work in the car? The cheap flip one that I have now works okay. Are they blowing smoke? PS When I told them to cancel, they told me that they had already gotten my number...

Cell phones [ 1 Answers ]

I want to track or monitor a phone conversation of my wife where by whatever they discourse I will also here them, please how possible can that be? I will appreciate your quick responds. Thanks

Cell Phones [ 8 Answers ]

How do I convince my mom into getting me a cell phone? I literally am the only kid in school without a phone. I want the Voyager from Verizon and my Dad has a 15% discount because of where he works! Now he said yes but only if it is OK with your mom. Uggggh well guess what. It wasn't. So I would...

Cell phones [ 1 Answers ]

How can I find chelsea wakefields cell phone number

Cell phones [ 2 Answers ]

How do I know that a cell phone is unlocked? I purchased one that was supposedly unlocked but I cannot connect to my active service provider.

View more questions Search