Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HRgal67 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2016, 01:35 AM
    Who should conduct exit interviews for HR employees?
    One of my HR colleagues has resigned, and doesn't feel comfortable having his exit interview with a member of HR. Who else can conduct his exit interview?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 19, 2016, 05:31 AM
    The employee leaving does not have the choice, it is who ever the company says to do it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 19, 2016, 06:14 AM
    It's completely up to the company, and you better have a better reason than uncomfortable if you voice a disagreement as to who does the exit interview.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 19, 2016, 12:00 PM
    You ask this as though there is some set of universal rules for HR. Other than federal and state laws, such matters are determined by each company. There will always be situations not covered by rules, no matter how comprehensive. If you are in charge of HR, then you decide. Do it yourself. Tell him that this is his chance to air his grievances, and that you will appreciate any complaints he has (if that's the reason) so that you can work on correcting them. It is a little puzzling because it does sound like you are in charge, yet look for answers for this question online. Running a department takes a lot of thinking on your feet; making decisions without rules.

Jan 30, 2016, 11:05 AM
    Thanks for your answer.

Thanks for your help.

Jan 30, 2016, 11:10 AM
    Thanks for your help.
    I'm not in charge of the department -- the head of HR asked me to do some research on the issue. (I work in ER.)
    Every company I've worked at has had a different policy for who handles HR employees' exit interviews, so I couldn't give her a definitive answer.
    Your answer is the best advice I've received.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 30, 2016, 02:56 PM
    HR generally reports to another executive. If HR decides to entertain the former employee's wishes then the person the head of HR reports to would make the decision.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 31, 2016, 09:05 AM
    I see you work in ER. If this is a nurse leaving, then it in possible the DON could do the exit interview.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 31, 2016, 06:47 PM
    I was the HR superintendent for a school district and I can tell you exit interviews rarely help anyone or anything. We stopped doing them many years ago. What does you company expect to gain from them?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it legal to change full-time employees into part-time employees? [ 7 Answers ]

I would like to know how legal could be changing emplyees' schedulles without notice them before. I was working 40 hours each week since I started in my present job. They have been decreasing the number of hours for some employees. At this moment I'm working 32 hours each week, with 3 days off....

Competency Interviews [ 4 Answers ]

I have applied for a higher position in my current work place, I have the qualification for the position and also the required experience,this is the 3rd interview I have applied for but cannot get the job in the bag due to the competency interview style they use. Im doing something wrong in...

Job interviews! [ 1 Answers ]

What are good questions to ask for waiters and waitress in their interview?

Interviews! [ 6 Answers ]

Just wanted to share my excitement and joy with you all. I am attending 2 interviews next week for two different companies. I am one of 3 candidates to be shortlisted and make it as far as an interview. I am very nervous but excited all at the same time. So wish me luck and keep your fingers...

View more questions Search