Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rachelle_harris Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 07:17 PM
    I want to find my real mother I was adoped into a family as a baby
    I was adopted into a family as a baby I am now almost 50 and I want to know my real family my adoptive fathers name is jim collins and I don't have money to spend on this online stuff is there anyone that can tell me how I can find them for free my name is leanna jeanette collins I don't know my original last name
    rachelle_harris Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2009, 11:14 AM
    Still no idea
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Oct 11, 2009, 11:14 AM

Rachelle,

At the top of the adoption forums there is now a sticky that talks about the best way to locate biological parents/children.

You can find it here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/adopti...on-401680.html

Those are the best places to start.

Please keep in mind that your biological parents may not even be alive now, and even if they ARE alive, they may not be happy about you disclosing a part of their life that they may have kept hidden all these years.

I suggest speaking with a counselor to make sure you are searching for the right reasons, and so that you will be able to deal with the aftermath if you find them and they are not receptive to a reunion, or if you find them and they are deceased.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Wanting to adopt a baby you know the mother would never give up [ 6 Answers ]

My bestfriends niece is one month pregnant and fourteen years old the father of her baby is fourteen as well, my fiancé and I have talked about adopting their baby only because we both know that she and the father can not take care of that baby and I know for a fact that it will not be safe in the...

Baby Mother Drama [ 14 Answers ]

I recently entered into a loving relationship with a wonderful man,but he has a child with a young lady who makes our relationship together very fustrating, obviously she hasn't let him go or in her mind they are still together.Everything we do together is a problem to his baby mother,it has gotten...

Can My Mother Make Me Give My Baby Up For Adoption? [ 27 Answers ]

Hi I am a 14 year old girl. I am think about getting pregnant to stay with my boyfriend when he goes to jail.. but that's not the reason I want to get pregnant, that's only 5% of it. I want to get pregnant because I love babies I want to be a mother I am pretty much on my own all of the time my...

How Do I Find My Family? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Everone, I Was Wondering, I Am Trying To Put Together A Family Tree Online, But On One Side Of My Family It Seems I Cannot Go Any Further Than My Great Grandparents. I Know The Last Name Of My Great Grandfather But I Do Not Know Who His Parents Were And From Where They Came From, Any...

I just can't find it in me to forgive my mother [ 2 Answers ]

The situation between me and my mother has always been rocky at the best of times... well since my teens anyway. But at one time we were really really close. About two years ago my mother and I had a falling out that has never really been resolved. My husband and I were having marital problems......

View more questions Search