Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rackcity Posts: 100, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2016, 09:39 AM
    Is this breaking the law? (Texas)
    If a person is on 1st degree felony deferred adjudication, but would like to hire a private investigator (to inform the wife of the man the ex cheated with of his infidelity) is this illegal or breaking any type of laws that would violate the probation status of the defendant in the state of Texas?

There is currently a no harmful or injurious contact order between the alleged victim and the defendant. And the defendant would be the one to hire the private investigator.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 18, 2016, 02:39 PM
    It could be argued that it's harmful. Mainly it's incredibly stupid every which way from Sunday.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 18, 2016, 05:00 PM
    It could be illegal if the cheater dude and your ex had anything at all to do in your adjudicated felony. Did they? If this is just as it appears revenge against your cheating ex and the guy she cheated with it could still backfire and get your probation jeopardized as an unrelated consequence of a bad act.

If my first case is true, then using a third party to screw the guy (or your ex) would be highly illegal and a violation of your order of non harmful or injurious contact. If your looking to add to your court problem then revenge is a good a way as any.
    rackcity Posts: 100, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2016, 05:05 PM
    The other guy has nothing to do with the case, but I think I will advise my friend that it is a bad idea.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 19, 2016, 12:23 AM
    Very bad idea, I will assume, (you really are vague on info) but one of the two parties must have either been a co defendant or a victim that caused the person to be charged with the crime. And I also assume he has been ordered to no contact.

But he is still filled with hate and anger and wants to still get even. This can be viewed as an indirect contact, and even part of an ongoing activity.

In Texas, the DA office if there was a complaint about this, could easily see this as a violation.

Remember it does not have to be a crime, just a violation (non criminal) behavior that can cause it to go back to court

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaking Rental Lease in Texas [ 3 Answers ]

I am a newly divorced single mother with a 5 year old daughter. I found a rental house that I felt was perfect until after I moved in. Once moved in I continually heard horror stories about the previous owners. There kids were big time trouble makers and into drugs. When the house went under...

H1B and breaking a lease in Texas [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, My husband and I are living in Texas on a working visa. He is allowed to work, but I am not. If he should lose his job, then by law we have to leave USA immediately. By doing this, we would be breaking our one year lease. We told our landlord this and their manager, but they were not...

Breaking the lease contract in Texas. [ 1 Answers ]

I just got laid off and I am having to vacate my apartment before the lease term is over. I already gave the 30 day notice to the property managers. Is it in their right to charge me re letting fees?:confused:

Breaking our house lease in Texas [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Texas. WE signed a lease for one year. The landlord hangs around our yard a lot while we are at work. The neighbors let us know. HE evidently is peeking in the windows. We have rented another house and are moving out. He said that we will have to pay him rent for the rest of the...

Breaking a Lease in Texas. [ 4 Answers ]

I have lived in this apt for almost a month. I currently had sum harassment from a crazy old friend. She and her criminal boyfriend have threatened to hurt me and my three yr old son. I moved all my stuff out and I am hoping I get out the lease w the police report filed and statements from...

View more questions Search