Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    novrain62 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2016, 08:25 AM
    How to get a college transcript when College closes
    Gadsden Business College, Anniston, AL (CLASS OF 99) I need a copy of my transcript and can't get it because the school is closed. Eight grand, no certified proof that I attended. Only books, awards, etc. Need Transcript. Is there a way? What happens when schools close? They should not be able to do that. Basically take our money and run out the door. Paid those loans off, but no Transcript! IRS? Government Student Loan authority? I have not been able to accomplish this task. Thank you in advance
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 18, 2016, 09:28 AM
    What state? Contact your state board of education.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 19, 2016, 12:42 AM
    Why should they not be able to go out of business? Many are for profit schools, that have a owner, and when they no longer can make a profit, close.
    Many schools, are finding it harder and harder to stay in business with all of the new government regulation that gets added and added each year.

Since you got government money for the school, then it had to be accredited. As such, the records will be at the State Dept of Education office, and you will need to vcall their office (perhaps visit) and they can provide a copy of your transcripts.

And you got the education, the knowledge from the money you paid, Also did you not get a transcript the month you graduated?

But this happens, dozens of schools close every month.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need my college transcript, for a closed college [ 2 Answers ]

The college is Bauder Fashion College in Arlington TX it has been closed down since late 80's or in the 90's.. I was told they had a PO Box that you could write to, and ask for your transcript. Please check on that to see if that is correct and give me the PO Box address.. Thanks so much.

How can I get a copy of my college transcript if the college has closed? [ 6 Answers ]

How can I get a copy of my college transcript if the school has closed?

How do I get my college transcript from gadsden business college when its closed down [ 2 Answers ]

Trying to get transcript from GBC, but have been told the school has closed and when I call the phone just rings. I really needs this document asap! Any info would be very helpful!!

Can you continue college without a transcript from a prior college? [ 1 Answers ]

I attended Bible College right out of high school and during my second semester had a very traumatic experience. This even led to severe depression and a suicide attempt. Needless to say, the second and third semesters saw a marked downturn in my academic performance. It is 13 years later and I...

View more questions Search