Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helpless2016 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2016, 09:43 AM
    Can title insurance help with getting a title on a mobile home in New York
    When my son purchased his mobile home the real estate agency never transferred the title to him & the bank gave him a loan even though they should have requested the title. This happened 8 yrs. Ago. He is trying to sell it but can't because he doesn't have the title. The real estate agency has been working on it for the past 6 months and don't even know where the previous owner is,they think he moved out of state. He doesn't know where else to turn. Please advise.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 17, 2016, 10:30 AM
    Mobile homes are usually titled through the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles). Check there.

See this web site.

http://dmv.ny.gov/brochure/informati...tificate-title
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 17, 2016, 10:36 AM
    Short answer, no, I don't think so. This happens a lot and people say they are stuck with their mobile homes.
    You could try suing the parties involved, but they aren't liable. Your son was supposed to know, caveat emptor, unless someone practiced actual deceit.

A long shot is the manufacturer. You need the serial number, however, off a plaque someone on the home, perhaps underneath or near the water inlet. Then the DMV looks up the original owner, and any subsequent owners. (The won't go by address.) But sometimes sales just keep happening without title.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 18, 2016, 08:07 AM
    Well here is the question. Was title insurance purchased when the home sale was closed? If so, then the policy insures clear title and they should help your son get a title certificate. But if Title Insurance wasn't obtained at that time, then, no they can't help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a mobile home park sell a mobile home without a title California? [ 2 Answers ]

Can a mobile home park sell you a mobile home without a title and if they do, do they have to give you the money back on the mobile. If you give them enough time to get the title and they will not repay you on the mobilehome. If you found another mobile home and you requested the money back and...

New York mobile home title... HELP! [ 2 Answers ]

I puchased a 2003 mobile home from a private seller. It has been 5 years of me purchasing the home, the person I bought it from never produced a title for me. I called the title buraue and ran his name and the VIN # and they told me my home was never issued a title buy the original owner. This home...

How do you get a title for a mobile home when there is not a title in my. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get a title for a mobile home in the state of mi. The home was given to the person I bought it from,they do not have a title to give me

Title to mobile home and title to land is separate can it be sold on one deed [ 1 Answers ]

I moved into the country in a mobile home and started renting then a year later we decided to purchase the land and mobile home on contract. We have paid taxes and insurance on it. 2 years later we find the person selling it to us does not have the title to mobile home just to land. Does he have...

View more questions Search