Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kit78eo Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2016, 06:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    You pick the date that works best for you.
    Ok... Ummm one question (I'm pretty sure I know the answer but just to clarify) Are doing this on the same day?

You pick the date that works best for you.
    Ok yeah I know its awhile from now, but that would be great if we could do it then... also I think I already know the answer but just to be sure, we are doing this on the same day right? Or no? I was under the impression that we were...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 17, 2016, 06:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit78eo View Post
    Ok... Ummm one question (I'm pretty sure I know the answer but just to clarify) Are doing this on the same day?

Ok yeah I know its awhile from now, but that would be great if we could do it then... also I think I already know the answer but just to be sure, we are doing this on the same day right? Or no? I was under the impression that we were...
    How about posting this on social media sites and making it a huge effort?

Jan 17, 2016, 08:40 PM
    How about posting this on social media sites and making it a huge effort?
    Oh my goodness YES! That would be absolutely AMAZING! If you're on Facebook you could post what we're doing on there; I could do it on a few websites. And maybe we could even go on this website and ask on popular posts and the really popular peoples threads and tell them what we're trying to do and if they agree we could have them tell us on this thread if they are willing to do it. And see how many people we could get.

I have no idea if that made any sense or not but I hope you get what I'm saying.

Oh and when we do post on social media, how should we word it? Could you tell me what we should say?

Could you imagine that if this goes viral (which I doubt would happen) but at least popular or something how many officers this will affect?!?!?!?! I always wanted to do something really special for them and being a part of this is really amazing!!!!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 17, 2016, 08:47 PM
    You started it! ;)

First, we need to decide on a firm date to shoot for. We need enough time to get the word out.

Then we need to make a list of sites to post on and who will do that.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jan 17, 2016, 08:47 PM
    I think it's a great idea! Anyone can honor hometown heroes. That would include police, fire, highway patrol, etc.

Jan 17, 2016, 09:23 PM
    Ok then... let's do it :)... I'm soooo excited. So let's see... you are right Wondergirl we need time to get the word out so we could do either March 7 or sometime in early to mid May. I would think that over a month would be good, but if we really want to get this thing going I think May would give us plenty of time too. Let me know what you guys think.

Also, Teacherjenn, will you help us too? Getting this organized and help post and stuff? If you want to help that is.

As far as websites go, I think we should all post on the webs we choose. We could use the following sites:

Twitter -- My brother is pretty popular on twitter and I can let him know
    What we are doing and see if he would help out. I'm 100% sure he
    Would help us.

This web-- Like I said before, We could let popular posters on here know what we
    Are doing.

Facebook--Maybe one of you are on Facebook can do it because I don't have an account there.

Pinterest--I can get in touch with some of my followers.

Tumblr-- I have no idea what that is but if one you do know maybe you can post there.

Youtube-- Ok I know that might sound a little crazy, but if one of you have or know of someone who has an account and does videos on there, maybe you could ask for them to include what we are doing at the end of the vid or in a description box. I don't know if it its a good idea, but hey I didn't think theres any harm in asking you guys if it would work. Right? ;)

Right now I can't think of any more, but maybe you guys can. And let me know if these sites work for you too, please.

And one more thing: Can one of you come up with a paragraph or so stating what we are doing. I would but I'm not exactly sure how to word it you know what I mean?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jan 17, 2016, 09:31 PM
    I'm not on social media like Facebook, etc. but I can easily put the word out for my school district. Word of good things is spread easily in society. I had a parent returning from military deployment. I sent a letter to every major television station and newspaper in Southern California. The day before he returned, my phone rang off the hook. Every major TV station, including national stations picked up the story. It showed me that people want a "feel good" story. So, if enough people spread the word, it could make national news and every police, fire, state troopers, hometown heroes, etc. would be bombarded with home baked goods all from the thankful public.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 17, 2016, 09:32 PM
    Can we use your letter and tweak it?

For me, Facebook, Quora, Answermug, various writing websites and blogs, dailycoyote.net, the two Chicago newspapers, area local papers, possibly Illinois schols and colleges.

Thinking....

Jan 17, 2016, 09:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    I'm not on social media like Facebook, etc. but I can easily put the word out for my school district. Word of good things is spread easily in society. I had a parent returning from military deployment. I sent a letter to every major television station and newspaper in Southern California. The day before he returned, my phone rang off the hook. Every major TV station, including national stations picked up the story. It showed me that people want a "feel good" story. So, if enough people spread the word, it could make national news and every police, fire, state troopers, hometown heroes, etc. would be bombarded with home baked goods all from the thankful public.
    Yes!!! That would be perfect the more people know about this the better!!!! That would really get the word out. Thanks for suggesting that.
    Oh and one thing don't forget the Paramedics and EMTs they do so much for us too, but you are probably including them when you say hometown heroes.

Can we use your letter and tweak it?

For me, Facebook, Quora, Answermug, various writing websites and blogs, dailycoyote.net, the two Chicago newspapers, area local papers, possibly Illinois schols and colleges.

Thinking....
    Um yeah I guess if you really want to use my letter, then I guess that should be fine.

Ok those would work

Also what I meant when I asked you guys to write a paragraph or something I meant like state exactly what we are doing. Like what you would put in the Chicago paper to let everyone know what we are doing? You know what I mean?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Owe state taxes in another state don't work in that state, can they garnish wages. [ 6 Answers ]

I owe back taxes in state of Maryland but work in virginia. Can Maryland garnish wages in viriginia.

I live in Illionis an I just recvied a letter from the state saying I have to appear [ 2 Answers ]

I just received a letter stating I have to appear in court this month for child support that was ordered by the state NOT me.The child's father has not been in his life an has not paid anything to support him.It is now 11 years later an we are not wanting child support.Now I have received medical...

Starship troopers [ 21 Answers ]

Hello. Surprise surprise! I'm not asking you to FIND me a movie for once :D I just watched starship troopers for the first time. (yes I know, I'm behind in the times) And I have to ask... was it INTENTIONALLY made funny? It just seems really CHEESY to me somehow. It has some...

Delenquent State Tax from 2005 Letter [ 1 Answers ]

I got a letter from the Kansas Dept of Rev. stating that my "federal tax information does not match the amount reported on your state return." They say I somehow reported 4349 less income on my state taxes... I can't find my info for 2005 and I just realized that this says it was due 3/29 not 4/15!...

View more questions Search