Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cbanks31 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2016, 08:48 PM
    A stranger told me my life is going to be bigger than Louisiana. What does this mean?
    Me and this man had a conversation, while we were getting to know each other, he told me that my life is going to be bigger than Louisiana, and that I didn't belong there. He said its something you get from inside and that's how I feel about you. How can a stranger know this? What did he mean by all of this?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 15, 2016, 10:22 PM
    I once had a stranger tell me, that I was full of sh... and that I was doomed to hell.
    So a stranger had an unusual use of words. And was perhaps trying to impress you or lake you feel you were going to be important.

If this was a stranger, why do you even care.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2016, 04:31 AM
    Maybe you shared that you have big dreams and goals for your life. Perhaps he got the impression that you are the sort of person who will work hard and stay focused on achieving some of those dreams and goals.

It may have been your enthusiasm, your sense of purpose, and/or determination.

With not knowing what was said, how you met, or his intentions, just be wary if ever someone you don't really know offers you help that involves you spending money, going somewhere, or anything that causes you to wonder if it is the right thing to do.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 16, 2016, 07:02 AM
    How old are you, and about how old was this stranger? My guess is the stranger wanted to encourage you or was a crazy coot trying to impress you. How can online strangers possibly tell a stranger what an encounter with another stranger means without a lot more detail and context?

What does it mean to you?

Jan 16, 2016, 08:01 AM
    Well he knows I don't drink or smoke and I never been the type to have sex with women every night, I'm a virgin. When I told him that, that's when he told me I was going to have a big life. I am young and I always felt I would be famous for something one day, but I never told him the famous part.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 16, 2016, 08:02 AM
    Sounds like an old timer's saying from, oh I don't know, rural Louisiana maybe... meaning "Dream big and someday you'll get where you want to go."
    I like making up sayings! Try it sometime.
    Expert

Jan 16, 2016, 08:13 AM
    Not hard to see he fed into your interests and tweaked your young hopeful curiosity, but don't dwell on his words too much, just look around and tell me if you see yourself accomplishing any of your hopes, dreams, or goals where you are at? Are you of college age? How young are you? How old did he appear to be? Please be specific.

Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Sounds like an old timer's saying from, oh I don't know, rural Louisiana maybe... meaning "Dream big and someday you'll get where you want to go."
    I like making up sayings! Try it sometime.
    That's my take on it too.....well said Joy.

Jan 16, 2016, 08:27 AM
    He was 36, he is successful in his own right, he became a multimillionaire by the time he was 30.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2016, 10:08 AM
    Go back in history and look at what once was Louisiana-The Louisiana Purchase. Maybe you'll get the idea.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 16, 2016, 11:28 AM
    mao641, right!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 16, 2016, 11:34 AM
    Right! I've heard a similar expression, "as big as Texas."
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Jan 16, 2016, 12:00 PM
    I have heard it once or twice, Louisiana is full of old sayings. My take on it is, it is a good saying though I am not sure what your friend meant by it, when he said it. If, you two are in Louisiana he could mean you will be very successful, leave Louisiana and be bigger than it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 16, 2016, 07:27 PM
    I wonder why you were talking about your sexual history with someone you did not know.
    Expert

Jan 16, 2016, 08:00 PM
    I wonder myself why you would take the words of a stranger so seriously?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend told me she is not over her ex. I told her to have some space. [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, I've been seeing a girl for three months now. We get on really well, she has told me she really likes me, and how much she cares about me. She says she thinks a lot a of me, and enjoys my company. And I am totally smitten with her. But she dropped a bombshell the other day, she said she cannot...

If my wife's vagina feels a lot bigger than usual, is she cheating? It's a lot bigger [ 12 Answers ]

My wife and I have been together for 2+ years. We have had a lot of sex and her vagina always feels pretty much the same in terms of size. Lately we have been kind of distant and have not had much sex at all. I have been suspicious of her cheating recently. We have spent a couple of days apart. She...

The drunkin stranger. [ 6 Answers ]

A man and his wife were awakened at 3:00 am by a loud pounding on the Door. The man gets up and goes to the door where a drunken stranger, Standing in the pouring rain, is asking for a push. "Not a chance," says the husband, "it is 3:00 in the morning!" He slams The door and returns to bed....

The stranger [ 1 Answers ]

In the 80's or the early 90's I watched a movie even taped it on my vcr watched it again about 20 times... well the movie was lost... I have tried finding it in every movie site and even e bay I think the movie was one made for hbo but can't find it any where I might have the name wrong......

View more questions Search