Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 15, 2016, 06:21 PM
    Overcharge of R134a in fridge? [Amana ARS2367AW]
    To dsigala

The post that you ask your question was old (4 years old) and locked. You should not have been able to add to that thread but obviously you were. Because it is locked no one can respond to you.

All of the HVAC experts on this site appear to have left the site. Apparently they made enough money and retired to a south sea island.

I am no expert but have paid around with it a little.
    In your post you ask,

can it still be overcharged with 0 psi showing on the low side?
    but there is frost on the low side line
    Yes. The refrigerant expands depending on temperature and pressure. At 18 degrees in freezer the temperature is not preventing the refrigerant from expanding. Therefore it must be pressure. When unexpanded refrigerant hits low side line and higher temperature is can expand and absorb heat. Therefore the frosting of the low side line . That means all of the refrigerant is no expanding in the evaporator coil.

Release a small amount of refrigerant (in increments) until frost line recedes back into evaporator coil. This should reduce low side pressure temporarily. Low side pressure should return to 0 when freezer reaches 10 degrees.

Zero pressure at 18 degrees is not the same as 0 pressure at 10 degrees.

Remember, I am no expert.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 15, 2016, 06:30 PM
    Forgive my typos. There appears to be no editing capability when posting a question like there is when responding to one.

paid around with it a little.
    Should have read
    "played around with it a little"

no expanding in the evaporator
    Should have read
    "not expanding in the evaporator"
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 15, 2016, 06:57 PM
    Just to add the actual post.

WOW! That's awsome that you took the time to help us non professional help with this problem,
    I had the same thing happened, Service tech came out and sad I probably had a leak in the condenser or somewhere and
    Not worth fixing, paid him 70.00 for his service call! So I installed a Line tap on the low side, connected my manifold gauges, saw it was in the minus side
    Don't remember amount, but charged until it settled ina t 0 PSI, but there is frost on the low side line, I used A/C Pro refrigerant 134A, with leak seal
    On fellow on DIY forum said it may mess up my gauges, anyway call AC Pro and they said no problem, but my freeszer should get down to -10 deg, and it ony 18 deg, and frost on the low side line, can it still be overcharged with 0 psi showing on the low side?
    Thanks
    Dennis
    From https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/applia...aw-297893.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Overcharge of R134a in fridge? [Amana ARS2367AW] [ 9 Answers ]

Hello all! I've got an Amana side-by-side that apparently lost it's charge, somehow, very slowly. I called a service guy out to diagnose it, and he told me probably a very small leak in it somewhere, not really economical to repair. Of course, since my wife will insist on a new, $3500 LG...

Amana BBI20TE fridge too cold [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, We just had the evap fan changed on our Amana Bottom freezer fridge. That definitely fixed the problem where the fridge section was too warm however now it's WAY too cold and everything is freezing. We've turned down the freezer control until it's just above the OFF position and turned the...

My amana fridge water taste like dirt? [ 2 Answers ]

I just hooked water up to my fridge and the water taste like dirt.How do I clean it or make it stop tasting like dirt and the ice cubes are white?

Maytag Amana fridge freezing [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I have a Maytag Amana Refrigerator Model no:XRSS287BB. The problem is that the fridge keeps freezing. The freezer works fine but the fridge gets too cold at -12.Ice builds up on the shelves etc. Any help would be really appreciated. I am an appliance repairer but this one being electronic is...

10-12 y/o Amana fridge/freezer is running but isn't getting cold at all [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. We have an Amana refridgerator/freezer about 10-12 years old. Water has been collecting on the floor near the front left corner and now the fridg and freezer aren't getting cold at all but it sounds Like it is running. Can anyone help? Thank you!!

View more questions Search