Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WorkingMoni Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2016, 05:33 PM
    Pegasus handle leaks on model #856 0111bn
    How do I take apart Pegasus handle on model #856 0111bn? Handle leaks from the back of the middle joint.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 14, 2016, 10:32 PM
    Replacing Cartridge On Pegasus Kitchen Sink Handle - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Mostly all kitchen faucet handles are held on by an allen set screw unless there is a screw under an insignia cover. Almost sure you have an allen set screw though.

Check out these videos for a guide to how it goes. Listen carefully to the guy on the second video explaining how to get a free cartridge replacement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7PtDhV30E4
    WorkingMoni Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2016, 02:37 PM
    I have noticed most do, this particular model does not.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 15, 2016, 05:24 PM
    Show us a photo of your faucet.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 15, 2016, 08:21 PM
    Does it look like this ? If so, the button on top unscrews ....

Milo
    Attached Images

medic935 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2017, 03:45 PM
    So how do you get the button to unscrew? Cannot get it to unscrew and mine has the same issue of leaking. Also, any idea what the cartridge number is for replacement. Additionally, I used the sprayer once and it blew out and is leaking at the connection now. Any suggestions? I JUST installed this although we bought it YEARS ago for a different house and never installed it.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Dec 21, 2017, 05:17 AM
    You may (or may not) be able to grip the edges of the button with a pair of needle nose pliers.
    You could also try putting a small piece of double sided tape on the button, then pressing down with your thumb and twisting, get the button to unscrew.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 21, 2017, 10:37 AM
    Do as Harold said.
    Also, that button may be just pushed in. It is held in by O-ring. Take some sharp object, insert it into the seem between the body of the faucet and the nut, and see if you can carefully pry it off

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coleman furnace, model # 7655-856 [ 1 Answers ]

My heat want come on at all. When I turn thermostat on I hear no click like I used to to prestart the unit. Any help... thanks.

Coleman model 7956-856 [ 1 Answers ]

Pilot stays lit on coleman residential furnace model 7956-856 after replacing thermocouple, but furnace will not fire up no matter what setting is used on thermostat.

Coleman model 7665-856 [ 1 Answers ]

The home I am buying has a Coleman model 7665-856, which shows that it may be both a heater and ac unit. I cannot find anything about how it works as an AC unit; does the pilot light have to be on and lite for it to work as an AC unit? My thermostat shows an icicle on it but in not coming on. And I...

Coleman model 7956-856? [ 0 Answers ]

Water is leaking a the bottom of our unit, near the center, by the seam, about a 1/4 from the floor, while the A/C is on... Can't find the drain pipe or the pan to check any water...

Koehler single handle tub/shower handle leaks [ 2 Answers ]

I have a koehler single handle tub/shower asselmbly. The faucet is in the tub, the shower head obviously above and the single handle is in the middle. You pull up on the lever to turn on the water and left to right for hot and cold. You do not have to put it back to center to turn off. Anyway....

View more questions Search