Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wendy Elliott Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2016, 07:24 PM
    I have a photo of a person I would like to identify.
    How can I find out the identity of a person with just a photograph
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 13, 2016, 07:35 PM
    Is she someone you met online? from Ghana or Nigeria or Russia? Is she asking you for money?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 13, 2016, 08:13 PM
    It is not going to happen, if you put them into Facebook they may hit with someone but the only people that have facial ID is the government, and it requires a data base of photos to compare to.

So why do you need to ID them, a witness to a crime? Where are they from? How do you possess the photo?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 14, 2016, 05:14 PM
    Like Chuck said, no way for you to do it.

Here's a funny thing about pictures nowadays. I could start a Facebook profile with a picture of Julia Roberts, change the name to mine, or someone else's, and voilą, now, whenever someone uses a picture recognition program online, my name will show up. But I'm not Julia Roberts. I wish! But I'm not.

I could start multiple Facebook profiles with different people's photos, and if a person had that specific photo (it would have to be that specific photo), and found the right site to scan it and find out who's in that picture (and that site would have to have that specific picture in their database), that picture would show up as me, even thought it's not me.

So really, there's no way to find out the real identity of someone based on just a picture.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 14, 2016, 08:05 PM
    I had a Facebook stalker (scammer) a few weeks ago. They set up about 10 fake Facebook pages with either my photo, or photos of friends, trying to friend, or contact people I knew.

A percentage of online dating sites, people use fake photos, esp if they are just looking for online sex talk or photos of other people, also in scams, people almost always use fake ID, fake photos and more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

So is there a way to identify a person by just using their photo? Yes or no [ 3 Answers ]

I'm looking for someone, that's all...

Identify the artist by his signature (attached photo) [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Oil Painting that was brought home to USA from Germany in 1955, it is mounted in a large wooden frame and the artist name is on lower left... I am trying to find out more about the Artist but can not turn anything up in searching the web, not sure I am saying and/or writing in his/her...

Help me identify this painting and artist photo of name attached [ 0 Answers ]

I am updating my question by adding a photo of the painting and the signature. The painting is approx 28" x 38 1/2". I cannot read signature and need help identifying oil on canvas. Thanks for any help identifying this painting.

Can someone identify an Alvar lithograph from a photo? [ 0 Answers ]

I have an Alvar litho as shown in the attached photo. Is this part of a set? Can someone identify this print?

View more questions Search