Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrscarmack Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2016, 02:03 PM
    I want to be a zooligist
    What kind of education do you need to become a zoologist? Majors? Degrees?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 13, 2016, 02:07 PM
    What do you think a zoologist actually does ?
    mrscarmack Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2016, 02:09 PM
    I'm a teacher helping my student with her Genius Hour project about Zoology. She responds:

I think that they have to take care of animals and study them. (3rd grader)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 13, 2016, 03:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mrscarmack View Post
    I'm a teacher helping my student with her Genius Hour project about Zoology. She responds:

Look up Zoologist schooling, salary, duties, etc. in the federal government's current Occupational Outlook Handbook (Home : Occupational Outlook Handbook: : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics). Every public library should have a print reference copy and maybe even a circulating one.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 13, 2016, 05:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mrscarmack View Post

You're a teacher, so teach her how to get the information she's looking for.

A long time ago, before the internet, there were zoologist, and they figured out how to become zoologists without the ease of Google.

There are tons of books in the library, there's tons of info online. If you're actually trying to teach her how to get the info she wants, than this site, where you ask others to do her work for her, should be the last resort! That's not teaching, that's passing the buck and teaching that she should never try to find the answers herself, because someone else will give them to her!

It doesn't matter that she's only in 3rd grade. Now is the time to teach her that if she wants something, she has to work for it, and it starts with working to find out how to make her dream of becoming a zoologist, come true!

As a teacher you should really know this, and it makes me sad that you don't. Also a bit creepy that your student is online with you on a Q & A site. Take her to the library!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 13, 2016, 08:22 PM
    A masters degree of course and most PhD.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search