Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gokullu Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2016, 10:40 PM
    H1B - resident alien filing with wife. Filing status for wife ?
    I am an H1B - resident alien. (Nationality-Indian)
    I got married and my wife moved with me to US during September 2015.

My filing status is Resident for both Federal and California

What should be my Wife's filing status for Federal / California returns ?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 12, 2016, 11:05 PM
    Redundant question; please check answer posted to the initial psoting of this question.
    gokullu Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2016, 08:11 PM
    Ya got it. Thanks a lot AtlantaTaxExpert!
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaTaxExpert View Post
    Redundant question; please check answer posted to the initial psoting of this question.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 13, 2016, 08:39 PM
    Glad to help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

H1B- resident alien filing with dependent non-working wife. How to get ITIN? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am an H1B - resident alien. (Nationality-Indian) I got married and my wife moved with me to US. We have to file both Federal and California tax. My wife is not working (earned no income in US or India). Following are my questions: 1. What should be our...

Resident Alien on H1B Visa -- Marital Filing Status [ 4 Answers ]

Dear helpdesk, I appreciate the time taken by experts to answer the questions asked by the users of this website. I have a question regarding the filing status. I am working in US on H1B Visa status for past couple of years. I lived almost whole year of 2008 in US(except couple of...

H1B Holder + Wife on F1(stipend) - Filing Status? [ 3 Answers ]

I am on H1B since Oct 2005 (resident alien) and my wife is on F1(non-resident alien) since Aug 2004. We got married last year in June 2006 and live in different states. My wife is into her masters degree program (2nd year) and she gets stipend from her school (teaching assistantship). She has got...

Wife's resident status for tax filing [ 1 Answers ]

A .I got married on 28th December, 2007 but my wife arrived in US on H4 on 16th Jan 2008. Can I apply jointly and claim the deduction of 10,300. b. Is it 1040 A or 1040 NR I have to fill in. I am a resident alien on h1. Thanks

H1B Visa; Wife on H4; Filing Status [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I have been on H1B visa since July 2003. I am currently residing in New Jersey for the past 2 years. I got married in May and my wife accompanied me to US on 05/22/2006. She is on a H4 Visa and has been living with me since then. She does not have a SSN/ITIN/TIN. To file my taxes: ...

View more questions Search