Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vale2910 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2016, 10:02 AM
    How finance performs in making payments?
    Making payments is one of the functions of finance, but they are asking me to explain how does finance performs in making payments? And to discuss an alternative institutional arrangement that would also perform the function (such as the bitcoin)

Thank you.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2016, 11:17 AM
    This is your homework... and we don't do your assignments so you won't have to.
    However give your your answer and your explanation, we will happily tell you if you went wrong.

Jan 12, 2016, 12:33 PM
    I do not want you to do my assignment just an explanation of how finance affect the making of payment or an example so I can understand it and do it by my own.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2016, 02:29 PM
    "explain how does finance performs in making payments". The question doesn't make much sense. You can make payments many ways, cash, credit cards, bank drafts or other accepted means, perhaps bitcoins. You can have discounts for quick pay or penalties for late payments.

Jan 12, 2016, 02:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    "explain how does finance performs in making payments". The question doesn't make much sense. You can make payments many ways, cash, credit cards, bank drafts or other accepted means, perhaps bitcoins. You can have discounts for quick pay or penalties for late payments.
    This is the entire question: What are the functions of finance? Focusing on one function (of your choice) explain how finance performs the function and briefly discuss an alternative institutional arrangement that would also perform the function.

I already know the functions of finance which are:

1. Making payments to facilitate the exchange of assets, goods and services;

1. Providing resources to fund large-scale projects or enterprises;

1. Transferring resources from surplus agents (e.g. savers) to deficit agents (e.g. borrowers);

1. Managing risk;

1. Providing price information required for the coordination of decentralised decision-making;

1. Creating incentives to perform well, i.e. in the stakeholders’ interests.

So I thought the easiest want to choose was the first one, but I do not know how to answer the part of "explain how finance performs the function" because I do not understand it :,(
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 13, 2016, 05:30 AM
    Rephrase your question; explain how finance helps you PAY for stuff. Then you can think of the many ways besides carrying cash to a location that you can make a purchase, and what it takes to qualify for those ways.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Making extra payments [ 4 Answers ]

If I make extra payments will it pay it off sooner?

I have an installment loan with a finance company and they have refused 3 payments [ 2 Answers ]

I have a loan with a finance company. I mailed two payments in one month and my payment was returned to me with a note stating that they could not accept checks as they always have done. I sent a payment to the home office with a letter explaining that the office in Lexington had returned my...

Start making payments? [ 3 Answers ]

I had three credit cards that all went into collections. One was a visa with my bank that was $1000. I eventually paid once I noticed the bank was taking money out of my account. The second was a Capital One Master Card that is $500, last time I checked (about 3 years ago) the balance had collected...

Finance: where payment periods are different from interst payments [ 3 Answers ]

I don't have the exact question but if someone has an example that would be helpful. As I can recall the question goes like this: FV is given PMT is given but it's compounded quarterly or the coupon rate is compounded quartly N is given I is given but it's compounded semi annually How...

Finance: where payment periods are different from interst payments [ 5 Answers ]

I don't have the exact question but if someone has an example that would be helpful. As I can recall the question goes like this: FV is given PMT is given but it's compounded quarterly or the coupon rate is compounded quartly N is given I is given but it's compounded semi annually How...

View more questions Search