Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Karen Millar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2016, 04:57 PM
    Connecting phone to TV
    Hi. I just bought a PNY HDMI 3 in 1 adaptor cable thinking I could use it to connect either my iPhone or my Samsung to my TV but neither of the connector ends mini or midi fit the phones The TV bit fits fine. Am I missing something ? No paperwork with the adaptor cable just diagram showing mini connector next to a phone or tablet and midi next to a camera. Can anybody advise me please? Thanks
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Jan 13, 2016, 07:53 AM
    Many phone connectors are Proprietary and must match the manufacturers device. Apple is well known for making it hard to buy anything but from them and boy do they charge for it. Try searching for "Samsung phone to TV connector" and see what comes up since HDMI will be pretty much the standard, and do the same for iPhone. There will always be cheaper knock offs, but you take a risk using them as you will get no support from the phone manufacturer that way and your likely to buy Chinese.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2016, 05:48 PM
    You could always get a Chromecast or Roku device and 'cast' to the TV.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Land phone repairwhat to do when the phone line from phone needs a new plg [ 2 Answers ]

Why isn't my modular plug working from my phone

Connecting DSC power 1832 alarm to phone line [ 4 Answers ]

Hello - I have a DSC power series 1832 alarm system that I want to connect to a central monitoring station. I have connected it to the phne line via a RJ31X telephone jack and cord set. I set up the system to monitor the phone line such that it should report an error when the phone line is no...

Connecting New Fax/Phone to computer [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a fax/phone/printer/scanner and it said to hook it up to my router, which I did, and now it's telling me I have to configure by pulling up the web page by IP address or Host name. I tried this also and it goes to Google. It told me to put the address in my web browser, which I did,...

View more questions Search