Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foreverromantic Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2016, 01:16 PM
    Cannot Reach My Probate Attorney
    For over two months I have been calling and E Mailing the Attorney who drew up my Last Will & Testament 18 yrs. Ago. It needs to be totally revised.
    For two months... he was away and he called me once, but no contact.
    Upon his return I tried to reach him and he called me back, but unfortunately I was leaving for a Dr. Appt. and could not speak.
    Thereafter, when I tried to reach him... his recept says he's not there or on the phone.
    After All this time, do you think I should get another attorney.
    Thank You.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2016, 01:25 PM
    My opinion... yes.

It should not take anywhere near as long as you described... you should hear back in days... and maybe have an appointment in days or even a week or two... but not the amount of time JUST to get them to acknowledge your contact request.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 11, 2016, 02:14 PM
    I agree with Smoothy. This guy works for you. If he is not going to be that responsive, then go elsewhere. A Will is not that difficult unless you have a large complex estate. Talk to other people in your age bracket for recommendations.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2016, 06:37 PM
    Yes, I would have had a new one after about two weeks. My mothers attorney used to go to her house to do all the paper work, and my attorneys call me within one day, or they have an associate from the office call and tell me why the other attorney is busy.

Two months, is not acceptable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probate: Power of Attorney or Alternate [ 1 Answers ]

My 85 year old father-in-law is the named executor of his wife’s estate. She recently passed away. My father-in-law is in no mental shape to probate her Will. He subsequently signed a Power of Attorney to have a lawyer take his place. We just found out that there is a family member named as an...

Have to get an attorney to go into probate. But we think my father owed the IRS. [ 3 Answers ]

In my previous post I stated that my father had recently passed away with no will. The only thing he owned was a two acre piece of property with a small trailor on it. We checked with the assessor and it only shows the property to be worth about $19000 and the trailor another $3000. I'm not...

During probate do I need my own attorney? [ 3 Answers ]

I live in California, my Dad lived in Montana. He died and his common law wife started probate and according to Montana law we divide everything 50/50 as I am his only child. I think she gets the first $100,000 though but anyway, I am okay with that. I think she has to prove common law too, which I...

View more questions Search