Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rackcity Posts: 100, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2016, 08:24 AM
    Dog Bark hurt ears, permanent damage?
    Paranoid cause the other day my friend had me babysit her two poodles, in my car!! They kept crying and barking at a super high pitch, for around an hour. It was really hurting my ears, but in particular my right ear. This morning I wake up with a ear ache, it feels very sore and ugly. I don't know how to explain it but it doesn't feel right? Is this temporary or is there some permanent damage?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2016, 11:10 AM
    You will not get permanent damage from that short exposure. Even if the dog barked continuously at 90dBA, the OSHA PEL standard for 8 Hours, you would not be harmed.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 8, 2016, 01:38 PM
    If you are looking for a co-inky-dink, I'd guess that your ear got congested from being slightly allergic to dogs.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 8, 2016, 01:42 PM
    Or driving with the window open and you now have a sore ear from the draft. I don't do that anymore just for that reason. Okay, so your right ear was afflicted, but still drafts are culprits if our immune systems are ccompromised.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 8, 2016, 08:12 PM
    No long term damage, not possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bark damage on young tree [ 2 Answers ]

The city installed a 3 inch Norway maple on our property to replace a huge tree they cut down for a storm sewer project. The bark on the tree was scraped in several two inch gouges and the installers hit the truck tree times with a shovel to "get the water off". We fear that this tree will not...

Is it normal for dog not to bark at all [ 5 Answers ]

Went to view a 3 months old toy poodle and she does not bark at all throughout the half an hour with her. The other dogs barked when I walked into the pet shop but she does not bark at all. Was very worried that she might be deaf or having some knid of illness. She was also not active at all and...

My dog won't bark [ 4 Answers ]

We just adopted a Hound dog (not kidding that's the breed) and she is as sweet as a lamb. 2 yrs old and healthy. Obvious signs of abuse so we are taking it very slow with her lots of love and assurance. She gets along with our cat and they are making their way as to who gets what room - peaceful...

My Dog won't Bark [ 4 Answers ]

We own a 8 mo miniture Dashound,when we purchased him he use to bark.But he has not barked since February.He did bark about 3 weeks ago,when our son attempted to take a t-bone from him.:) We have read up on this bread & found out they are barkey dogs.Our neighbor has three & all they do is...

Dog without bark, History [ 4 Answers ]

My beagle is a puppy and will not bark? I don't understand why, she will whine and growl. She trembles when she is watching a squirrel or something moving but won't do anything else please help me figure out why?? :confused: :confused:

View more questions Search