Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fsher21 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2016, 05:28 PM
    How Can I Fix Linoleum Peeling Up in a Hard to Reach Area?
    About 2-3" of linoleum along the edge of my cupboards in my kitchen is curling away from the particle board and I am not sure the best way to fix it. The cupboards hang out 2" over the flooring and 3" above it so I cannot get to the problem area very well.

My plan has been to remove the thin pieces of trim, find a way to get some adhesive under the flooring, then add some thicker trim pieces that can hold the edge down. Is there an easier way than this to fix my problem?

Thanks!
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 7, 2016, 09:24 PM
    Try placing a brown paper bag over the curling tiles then press down with a clothes iron.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2016, 07:21 AM
    Put a small bead of silicone between floor and linoleum. Press down , wipe up excess and put a few books on it as a weigh. Leave for about an hour.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outside spoigot hard to reach [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I live in a trailer w/ a handicap ramp, the main water meter is underneathit and a hose is attached for outside watering. I have to crawl under the ramp to turn on the spiquet and am wondering what would I need to do to run a hose/pipe or something about 2 feet out from under it so I won't...

Peeling hard-boiled eggs [ 4 Answers ]

I make hard-boiled eggs often and while most of them peel easily, I sometimes get a few that are very difficult to peel and a lot of the white comes off with the bits of shell. Is there any way to make sure that all of them peel well?

Cleaning hard to reach area. [ 5 Answers ]

Wow, you get a lot of plumbing questions! I'm not in a hurry, so I can just "bump" this if it gets buried somewhere. No biggie. I hope I explain this right. For the bathroom sink, there's the (drain) pipe that's sticking out of the wall, the one that hooks to the piece coming off the trap. ...

Small cigarette burn in linoleum.how to fix ? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi ! My husband dropped the ash on the linoleum... and it has burned a small indent Into the linoleum. Size: There is a small little indent hole like thing.. about 1/16 in deep and 1/4 inch wide... inside of

View more questions Search