Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scottyd66 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2016, 03:01 PM
    Hearing loss
    Sudden hearing loss in one ear about 80% on Monday 3 days later ringing real bad now total hearing loss in left ear no pain 49 yrs old male
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 7, 2016, 03:09 PM
    You need to see a doctor ASAP. There is no way to what is going on without tests.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 7, 2016, 03:11 PM
    100 MDs can't diagnose your hearing loss online. If you are reluctant to see a doctor first, go to a hearing aid center, but don't go by what they say (some are better than others). Second is a sliding scale clinic. But really, if you have insurance, go to your doctor tomorrow! And if you don't have a regular one, get one. Happy New Year. You are reaching 'that age' when you can't just let every ailment slide and you need a checkup.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2016, 03:23 PM
    Most hearing aid business audiologists will do a free test. They hope you will need hearing aid.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 7, 2016, 07:49 PM
    I guess I have no idea why after the first hearing loss you did not rush to the ER or a doctor, I guess that would have been my first reaction.

There are 100's of reasons it can happen, and being treated early can help restore hearing (if possible)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hearing loss [ 5 Answers ]

I was tested for hearing loss and told that a hearing aid wouldn't help . My wife at times is my ears as people pass and she will tell me they spoke to me. I turn the TV or radio up and it seems normal to me but my wife tells me it's way to loud. Someone says something to me and I give them a...

Hearing Loss [ 1 Answers ]

Every time I have a cold -I have a hearing loss due to blockage in both years and it takes at least a week to restore hearing after using antibiotics .This does not seem to happen with everybody who has a cold .Any preventive treatment ? -need an advise badly since I am a teacher and cannot work...

Hearing loss [ 2 Answers ]

I blew my nose really hard and my ear popped,the next day it hurt and I have had a little loss of hearing in than ear too. The pain is gone but I still have a little loss of hearing in that ear. What should I do.

Hearing Loss [ 1 Answers ]

From my right ear cotinuous whispering sound come.I have undergone tympanoplastic surgery of both ears.But I don't get relief .wat I do now?can anyone suggest me.

View more questions Search