Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skee101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2016, 07:30 AM
    How can I realign the printing of my HP laserjet P2035N?
    My company upgraded me to a new computer recently and ever since then my desktop HP laserjet P2035N is printing everything a row or two lower than it should. For most prints it isn't a problem, but when I do a check run and everything prints on the line, instead of above it, it is an issue. This happens whether I'm using our accounting software, the time clock software, or printing from our payroll website. We have tried adjusting the print alignment in our accounting software and nothing changes. Any suggestions?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 7, 2016, 09:10 AM
    The P2035N is a laser so there is no realignment that can be done. You can make sure that the correct drivers are installed.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jan 7, 2016, 09:48 AM
    If your company pre-loaded all the software on the new PC most likely the applications are set to default page sizes.

First, open a document and verify that the page sizes are correct and that the margins are correct.

Second, and this is most likely the villain, make sure that the document resolution set in the driver matches the resolution of the document.

Just as an example, if the document's original setting was at 600 DPI, but the printer is set at 1200 DPI, that will set your placement on the page off by 0.5 inch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MAC OSX and HP Laserjet 3055 printing problems [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am using a iMac 1.83 Ghz Intel Dual Core Duo with OS X. The printer is HP Laserjet 3055. The printer was installed using MAC installation disc suppplied with the printer. Test page prints fine, however when printing from word or Xls, the printer briefly shows printing on the screen but does...

Printing from IE7 to HP Laserjet [ 1 Answers ]

Sorry, don't know if this is in the right section - if not perhaps a Mod will move it for me ? ;) - but this is my problem : I've a Dell XPS710 running under Vista Ultimate with IE7 installed. I have two printers attached - an HP Laserjet 2300 and an Epson Stylus Photo R340. The Laserjet is...

HP Laserjet 3030: can I view fax for selective printing? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a laserjet 3030, and I am wondering if the machine can allow fax to be viewed on a PC, before selected for printing. I know how to use the HP program to connect to the 3030 machine for adjusting the fax configuration and to print the last received fax, but I can't determine if the...

HP Laserjet 5M hangs when printing from Windows [ 2 Answers ]

I've got an HPLJ 5M printer that is now not printing from Windows. Here's what I've tried: 1. Ensuring that the printer and computer are communicating - I created a little text file using notepad. I can print the file no problem from the DOS cmd line, but cannot print from windows. 2. Have...

View more questions Search