Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rob Moore Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2016, 12:53 AM
    Dirty Water
    Why would I be getting dirty water from my bathroom sink faucet only when the cold water is being used? We are on a well if that matters?
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2016, 09:31 AM
    Usually when you get dirt in water the pump for the well is too deep. Raising the pump about one(1) foot may solve this problem.

It would also be a good idea to install a full house filter where water comes into house.

Chuck
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2016, 10:51 AM
    I also think it would be a great time to flush the sediment from the bottom of the hot water heater as well (something that should be done annually)... you know its not coming from the hot water taps because its settling in the heater after it comes into the house.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2016, 07:21 AM
    Assuming you are getting dirty water from outside faucets as well?

Is your pump in the well or above ground?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I get dirty hot water at faucet when I drain the tank water is rusty what is the caus [ 2 Answers ]

I get dirty hot water from faucet when I drain the tank the water starts very rusty. My landlys its not the tank cause it's not leaking. He has drained it several times always gets rusty water from the tank. What could be the cause.

We have a link of dirty water,kitchen waste water from the ceiling in our basement. [ 6 Answers ]

The drip comes from the heating/ac vent in the basement ceiling about four feet from where the kitchen sink is above. The area under the sink in the kitchen is dry. The drip only occurs when the kitchen sink has been running but doesn't start until some minutes have passed and lasts after the...

Dirty well water [ 5 Answers ]

I have dirty well water every time it rains and it stays dirty for up to 3 weeks. Also there is standing water covering the pump. Can u help.

We just installed a new water heater... why is the hot water still dirty-looking? [ 3 Answers ]

We noticed a few days ago that our water looked dirty and had a yellow-brown tinge to it. We called a plumber in who said it was our water heater, which was rusted at the bottom and slightly leaking (although only 4 years old). We had a new one installed today and tonight as I was filling the tub...

Dirty water issues / hot water heater? [ 23 Answers ]

Hi all. This is my first post ever here. In short, my water is not clear. The hot water is much worse but I notice that the cold water isn't perfectly clear either. When I pour a glass of hot water it almost looks white while it settles down. When I pour cold water into a glass it is not...

View more questions Search