Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    munzy12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2016, 02:17 PM
    Please help me regarding calculating equilibrium price
    Suppose that there are 20 million consumers in the economy. There are two types ofconsumers – types A and B, and there are 10 million type-A consumers as well as 10million type-B consumers. Each type-A consumer’s demand for meat products isdescribed as follows:
    𝐷! =5−0.2𝑝,for𝑝 ≤25,𝐷! =0,for𝑝 ≥25.
    where 𝐷! Is a type-A consumer’s demand for meat products (i.e. 𝐷! Kg) and 𝑝denotes the price of meat products (i.e. £𝑝/kg). Each type-B consumer’s demand formeat products is described as follows:
    𝐷! =6−0.3𝑝,for𝑝 ≤20,𝐷! = 0, for 𝑝 ≥ 20.
    where 𝐷! Is a type-B consumer’s demand for meat products (i.e. 𝐷! Kg).
    The aggregate supply of meat products (𝑆 kg) in the economy is described by the
    following supply function:

[IMG]file:///page1image11536[/IMG] [IMG]file:///page1image11696[/IMG] [IMG]file:///page1image11856[/IMG] 𝑆 = 5,000,000𝑝.kg when 𝑝 = 10.

(b) Verify that the equilibrium price of meat products is £11/kg (i.e. 𝑝 = 11) and theequilibrium quantity is 55 million kg in the economy. (10 marks)
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 5, 2016, 02:24 PM
    What do YOU think ?
    While we're happy to HELP we wont do all the work for you.
    Show us what you have done and where you are having problems..
    munzy12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2016, 11:57 AM
    Hi sorry I didn't clarify my approach to the question. I got there in the end :) However another question is as follows:Suppose now that a tax on meat products is introduced. The tax rate is 25%.(I) Verify that the equilibrium quantity of meat products in the economy is 440/9 million kg... Do you know how I can go about verifying this? I would think the tax rate changes the aggregate demand / supply equations to incorporate tax and then I'd be able to work out equilibrium price and quantity. I just can't seem to adjust the original equations to add the tax. I would really appreciate help to atlas get started.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

General equilibrium price (Microeconomics) [ 0 Answers ]

1. An economy has one firm with a production function q = 2L1/2, where L is labour. There are n consumers, equally sharing the ownership of the firm. Every consumer’s utility ui = citi, where ci is consumption and ti is time of leisure for I = 1, 2, n. Consumers’ wage rate w = 1. With 24 hours for...

An equilibrium price is stable price and therefore should be allowed to stay. [ 1 Answers ]

An equilibrium price is stable price and therefore should be allowed to stay.explain

At the equilibrium price, how many ribs would J.are. Be willing to purchase? [ 0 Answers ]

At the equilibrium price, how many ribs would J.R. be willing to purchase? How much is J.R. willing to pay for 20 ribs? c. What is the magnitude of J.R.'s consumer surplus at the equilibrium price? d. At the equilibrium price, how many ribs would Judy be willing to sell? e. How high must the...

Perfect competition Equilibrium price/quantity/# of firms [ 0 Answers ]

Each firm in a perfectly competitive market has a cost functionof C= 25 + q(squared). The market demand function is Q= 50-2p. Determine the equilibrium price, quantity per frim, market quantity, and the number of firms.

View more questions Search