Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SSTRIFE16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2016, 09:29 PM
    Gas furnace problem
    Gas furnace won't come on unless I go down stairs and flip the furnace switch. Once I flip it, it runs and heat comes out. Had to do it yesterday and again today.
    What's the problem
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2016, 06:27 AM
    Hi SSTRIFE and welcome, you'll have a better answer if you give more information. Make and model of furnace and what switch are you flipping?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 4, 2016, 07:08 AM
    Are you saying the thermostat isn't working?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2016, 10:01 AM
    Shouldn't the switch stay on all the time? Mine has to. Or do you mean turn it off then back on to reset something. Details matter, so if you can provide us with more we can offer better answers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas furnace problem [ 0 Answers ]

I have an american standard gas furnace it is 9 yrs old and I just replaced the pressure switch because it was giving me a faulty pressure switch error code and now it goes through the startup procedures the fan comes on glow plug gets bright orange and then I hear a click for the gas to start and...

Trane Gas Furnace Problem [ 13 Answers ]

I recently experienced a problem with my heat. I have a programmable thermostat and noticed that the heat wasn't on when it was suppose to be. The temperature was set to 75 but the temperature in the room was only 68. I canceled the program and manually set the temperature again to 75. The heat...

Gas furnace problem [ 0 Answers ]

When I turn my heat on say 70deg, my furnace kicks on and heats the house to that temp. When the furnace kicks off and the temperature goes below 70deg it will not kick back on. I can raise the temp on the thermostat to 90 deg and it still does not come on. If I go to the gas furnace manually...

Bryant Gas Furnace Problem [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Bryant 373LAV Gas furnace that has stopped working. There are a couple of issues with the furnace and I'll try to explain what is going on. For now, the heat does not turn on. The thermostat (White-Rodgers Comfort Set II) shows 60 and the heat is set at 70. So I opened up...

York gas furnace problem [ 2 Answers ]

My furnace has a intermmitent problem. When it quits the fault code is open limit. They all are closed. I can get it to work by moving the wires at the control board connector. The connections appear to be OK. I looked at the rear of the board and did not see any bad solder joints or cracks....

View more questions Search