Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AZTech25 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2016, 11:39 PM
    Replace bulb for ceiling light with a screw on the side
    I have tried to remove this cover several times but I am not successful. I see a screw on the side which I removed but light (the frame) or globe does not move. It turns a little bit but it is very tight. I am sure there is some trick. Anyone knows anything about this type of light. We bought this house 3 years back. This light fixture would have been added 8-10 years back according to me.
    Attached Images

Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2016, 09:25 AM
    Usually when there is a fastener on one side, the other side is hinged. Since you can't move it is there any chance that it was painted in place?
    Try turning off the power and using a small thin putty knife (plastic would be good) around the base and see if there is some paint holding it solid.
    But remember this, if you pry on it too much you could break it... so be prepared to replace it if that happens.
    At least you will then have one you can change the lamp in.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 3, 2016, 09:34 AM
    Maybe it would help to go and see one that's not installed yet to see how it's attached.
    AZTech25 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2016, 07:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Bound View Post
    Usually when there is a fastener on one side, the other side is hinged. Since you can't move it is there any chance that it was painted in place?
    Try turning off the power and using a small thin putty knife (plastic would be good) around the base and see if there is some paint holding it solid.
    But remember this, if you pry on it too much you could break it... so be prepared to replace it if that happens.
    At least you will then have one you can change the lamp in.
    I tried to remove paint around and now I can put my fingers in between the shade and ceiling but I cant move the shade.

Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Maybe it would help to go and see one that's not installed yet to see how it's attached.
    Ok I will try to go to the nearest home depot or Lowe's.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to replace light bulb in AC-552 F526 "CC" ceiling fan? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2001 ceiling fan with an enclosed globe. We've tried for an hour to take it off to replace the light bulb, but nothing seems to work. Please help!

How do I replace a light bulb in a maytag refrigerator [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Maytag refrigerator with a light out. I have turned off the power and removed the light guard. The manual says to now "simply" replace the bulb -- but, I can't get the light bulb out. Does it screw in?

Hamton Bay outdoor light fixture... how to replace a dead light bulb. [ 0 Answers ]

I have to see if one of the glass panels slides up or down or left and right. It does not appear that the top or bottom is removable. Don't have instruction guide... don't know the model number

Replace dash light bulb [ 0 Answers ]

How do I remove the black panel to replace the bulb for the headlight switch on a 2003 Hurricane M/H, F53 Ford chassis. Thanks

How to replace light bulb, 1993 Camry [ 2 Answers ]

I feel silly asking this but I don't want to break anything trying to figure it out: I need to replace the driver side front running light on my 1993 Camry (the lens is yellow). There is one screw and when I remove it I'm no closer to getting to the bulb than before. I've replaced other things on...

View more questions Search