Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whocantellme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 03:24 PM
    French birthcertificate
    I was born in france and I lived here in US since I was little. Does anybody know where can I get my BIRTHCERTIFICATE. Ive been trying to do this, but still no success. Im from California. Is it possible to the birthcertificate so I can get my passport as soon as possible:(
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 12, 2007, 03:38 PM
    You will have to apply to the place your were born. If you know the town/city in France, they will have it in their town records. I would apply to the French Consulate wherever you live and get a start that way. It will not be instant.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2007, 04:05 PM
    Maybe this is too simple, but do your parents have any of your records? If they do not, please follow the advice of tickle. If you do not have a French Consulate in your city, you can still write to the city/town where you were born, to the clerk of records, and make the request. Someone who could possibly help you out is one of your house representatives or senators. They have staff who know the red tape like the back of their hand. It would be somewhere to start - if they could not help you, they should know who can help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to adopt my wife's child no father on birthcertificate [ 6 Answers ]

My wife and I have been married since Sep 2000 and were living togeather in March of the same year. She has 2 children by two different fathers. The oldest one's father is in the picture and active in her life. The youngest 8 yrs old now, has never seen her birth father and has lived with me since...

French Citizenship from French Mother [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I'm looking into getting French citizenship for myself. Born here in US, 24 years old, my mother moved here from France when quite young and is still a French citizen. According to most of what I've read (in English) this would make me automatically French, I'd just need to get the...

Can French citizen applying for US citizenship keep French nationality too? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Experts, I am a French citizen with a green card since 1997, that I obtained through marriage. I have been living in the US since then and I would like to apply to a US citizenship but keep my French citizenship as well. Is this possible? Also, I am now separated from my husband. Can I...

French citizenship through french/canadian husband [ 3 Answers ]

Hey there - my husband was born in France. He's been a citizen of canada, resident of quebec, since his French family immigrated 36 years ago. We got married in Los Angeles, certificate issued at the Beverly Hills court-house, in 2003. I was originally informed that: 1) I had to wait 3 years...

View more questions Search