Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ACutAbove Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2015, 11:26 AM
    Commercial Strip and wax price for 20,000 sq ft 5 locations
    I`m in the process of submitting a bid for 5 locations . The sq ft varies but most are around 20,000 sq ft . How much should I charge for strip and wax? How much should weekly burnishing cost ? Is there a discount for 5 locations? There are some high traffic area that haven't been properly maintained and will be a task to get to shine again if tile isn't too damaged. I have did a VCT on smaller facilities that had similar tile damage and I was able to get it clean but it still had visible stains but much better than beforehand. I know that it varies by region, I`m in the Mid -South Memphis Area. I have read that I need a gas Burnisher which is`nt problem . I also will need an auto scrubber because a regular buffer will crash and burn . I have several buffers but I'm willing to invest in proper equipment needed to get the job done right. I also have not received a scope f work from District Manager with specs. I was told to speak with tore manager and he would give me the scope of work. O was expecting this to be in writing . He just told me what he expected I measured the location myself it was almost 20,000 sq ft with office in the back , two rest rooms and a break room . All are VCT. Should the District Manager have Scope of work for all locations with sq ft cleanable? Or should I go to each location measure and speak with the manager? Any information will be greatly appreciated
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2015, 01:46 PM
    Hard to imagine you are experienced in this business and have no idea how to price. You have obviously talked to some premises people. If you are not satisfied with the answers, ask again. Better than asking total strangers isn't it?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 31, 2015, 03:33 PM
    Yes, we are total strangers, but a new poster needs some help and I have some knowledge in this area.

I know it is a lot of work but will benefit in the long run. Go to EACH location and measure and talk to each manager. This will also give you a leg up in brownie points because you took the extra effort.

get business cards with names and phone numbers of everyone you spoke to at each location. Then you have networking capabilities.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 1, 2016, 06:13 AM
    Checkout these articles and sites.

Getting Started In Your New Cleaning Business

How to Start a Cleaning Business | NFIB

How to Start a Cleaning Business With No Money - HowStuffWorks

Cleaning Services Agreement Form | Free Cleaning Contact (US) | LawDepot

How to Bid on Cleaning Contracts | eHow

Janitorial Bidding Software | Cleaning Proposal | Cleaning Bid | How To Bid On Janitorial

Any good idea starts with doing your homework and plenty of research to develop a PLAN.

I would certainly do a cost for each location and give a discount for all 5, if possible, and include the cost of any equipment upgrade. First you need to find out who oversees this work, or if all the locations have an independent budget.

Start with a simple phone call to the district regional manager, and have your numbers ready for both individual bid and a collective one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bid for a 46,000 sq ft strip and wax [ 1 Answers ]

Deep Scrub, wax, buff 46,000 sq ft. Client supplies the wax

How should I price a commercial medical class a building 21,000 sq st. job? [ 0 Answers ]

They want cleaning on a 21,000 sq ft medical building for cleaning 5 times a week it's 11 offices and the outside of the building also and we have to provide consumables here are the specs: TENANT SUITES: Reception/Waitng Areas Dust/wipe down seats, tables, window sills, blinds...

Strip and wax [ 1 Answers ]

What should I charge to strip and wax a two hundered thousand square foot store that needs 4 coats of wax, with lots of detailing

What is price per sq ft for clean large commercial building approx 40,000 sq ft tile [ 0 Answers ]

I recently acquired a tile cleaning job where I have 40,000 sq ft of tile to clean, and then wax. Im in the concrete polishing business, but this is a bit different then normaol, so I'm not quite sure to bid. I will have a riding floor scrubber, but what cleaning solutions due I use, waxing,...

View more questions Search