Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angieboo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2015, 09:46 PM
    Diabeties
    Sugar is over 400 and I don't know if I should take some novo log insulin but I don't know how much of it to take
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2015, 10:44 PM
    WOW that is high... call your doctor immediately.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 30, 2015, 12:36 AM
    This is not something strangers on the Internet can advise you about. Contact your doctor immediately or go to the ER before you go into DKA.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Dec 30, 2015, 08:44 AM
    I agree with the responses above. As I know, it is not right to give advice of a medical nature, I would like to say that I take insulin both fast and slow and shoot up 5 times a day. My level, if I am bad, reaches up into the high 300's but that is me. I have seen my level down as low as 65, kind of gives me the jitters.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 30, 2015, 08:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by catonsville View Post
    I agree with the responses above. As I know, it is not right to give advice of a medical nature, I would like to say that I take insulin both fast and slow and shoot up 5 times a day. My level, if I am bad, reaches up into the high 300's but that is me. I have seen my level down as low as 65, kind of gives me the jitters.
    By "fast and slow," do you mean short acting and long acting?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 30, 2015, 10:23 AM
    I don't know where you are located, but in the past few years "urgent care" centers have been popping up all over the place. These centers partially take the place of Emergency Rooms for when your doctor is not available and the medical issue is not life threatening. So, if your regular physician is not available, visiting one of these if available is a good alternative.

I hope, by now, you have gotten guidance.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Dec 30, 2015, 10:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    By "fast and slow," do you mean short acting and long acting?
    What I mean, if your sugar is high and you need to get it back under control, I use the Fast acting. At night, if my sugar is very close to normal, I take the slow acting to counteract the sugar dump that occurs as we sleep. Fast=Short Term and Slow=Long Term. Like the Rabbit and the Tortoise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 2 year old may have diabeties help [ 3 Answers ]

I recently found out that my 2 year old might have diabetes and Im very scared I know how it can effect a person if anyone knows anything about diabetes in children can they please give me as much info as they possibly can

Weight Loss with Diabeties [ 2 Answers ]

Hey there, Well I'm a diabetic with an eating disorder, I'm not anorexic or bulimic (however I did use to be bulimic) - but I skip some of my medication in order to loose weight. I've been on possibly every diet I could think of, gone to extremes in exercising and none of it seems to work for me...

View more questions Search