Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sofiaolive Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2015, 03:19 PM
    Miss
    Twins pregnancy. Need advise.

Dear Dr. OBGYN,
    I had a ultrasound End of Nov. and from that and the date of my last menstruation, the doctor confirmed a twin pregnancy of 6 weeks then.
    Dec 28th I went in for my second ultrasound (10 weeks since my last menstruation) and the technician could not find a heart beat of the twins and said the they measured a little over 5 weeks. That they may have stopped developing.
    She suggested I go back in two weeks for another scan.

Could it be that I still have a chance? Or I will soon soon (or already have lost) the twins?

Gratefully for any insights,
    SB
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 28, 2015, 06:34 PM
    They would not have told you to come back and check, if they knew the pregnancy was not still a possibility. When my wife was pregnant with our last child (he is now 15 and very alive. Doctors told her twice that the pregnancy was not viable and to just have a D&C. There is always a chance and hope
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 28, 2015, 09:37 PM
    The thing about ultrasounds is that they cannot date pregnancy exactly. That's why they're asking you to come back. Normally a heart beat can be heard by doppler at between 10-12 weeks gestation (sometimes earlier). It could be that you're not as far along as they suspect, so not yet at 10 weeks gestation.

Pregnancy due dates can be off by 2 weeks either way. So, if you're actually only 8 weeks, waiting 2 weeks should allow them to hear the heartbeat by doppler.

Never give up hope until they tell you that there is none. Until then, keep eating healthy, take your prenatal vitamins, rest as much as possible, and if you believe in God, pray. I know it's hard to wait that 2 weeks for another test, hoping and worrying, but that's all you can do. Do not give up hope.

Please let us know how it goes. I will send out a prayer that everything is okay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I miss him.does he miss and love me too? [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I broke up about a month ago now. We talk everyday whether it is online or through text. We do not talk on the phone but even while dating we didn't. He is just not a phone person. Well when we broke up it was all his choice. He said that there were things about me that he...

What would cause my 99 Taurus to miss, and then run great, miss etc etc? [ 4 Answers ]

It will idle up to about 2000 rpm, runs fine, starts coming down, running good, drop to 700/800 rpm, starts spuddering, does not kill. And I am hearing a loud hiss, like there is a vacume leak, somewhere between the engine and the fire wall.

I miss her much what to do [ 13 Answers ]

About 7 months I met her ,I was in a relationship she had a boyfriend ,we both felt in love we talk for hours on the phone she would tell me how bad her boyfriend treat her,that she wasn't happy wit him he was to demanding. My relationship wasn't good to. Her relationship was a 4 .mine was a 9 year...

I still miss him [ 12 Answers ]

Hi I'm almost eighteen. I don't have a b/f. I broke up with my last ex 4 months ago and I still miss him... I really don't know why?? I'm not really the type to get asked out by anybody... im a size 16 and nobody around here seems to like that... I know I should get over him but I don't know how......

View more questions Search