Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bbs212 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2015, 11:30 AM
    Simultaneously enable gzip and $STR_REPLACE in CGI in apache
    I have a code in my CGI script for text replacement (for example replace 'red' with 'blue')
    $STR_SEARCH='red'
    $STR_REPLACE='blue'
    I am using the below code in .htaccess for enable replace function: (RequestHeader unset Accept-Encoding)
    This work fine. But when I want to use gzip for compression, gzip does not work. If I disable the replace, gzip works fine. Please help me understand how I can enable the replace and gzip simultaneously?

Check out some similar questions!

Is there too much CGI in movies now? [ 3 Answers ]

I understand that films sometimes need CGI, either to extend a set or to create something without the expensive use of practical effects/make up. Do you prefer films like Pacific Rim?

Anime cgi movie [ 0 Answers ]

Ok another movie I can find and is driving me crazy!it is an anime cgi full length movie. A soldier along with his team are commanded to seek out and destroy these blue glowing eggs with children in them but when they get to the last one he kills his fellow soldiers to save one last blue egg...

Is there a setting to limit cgi processes by real time on Apache? [ 0 Answers ]

I'd like Apache to terminate my perl script after 1 minute if it doesn't complete naturally. Is there a setting in Apache (or other server software) to do this? Thanks.

CGI for Apache - Premature end of script headers [ 13 Answers ]

I have a post form on my Web site in Common Gateway Interface (CGI) but when people click in order to post it, the message Premature end of script headers: mailform.cgi appears. If you'd like to see what I'm talking about please go to this page : http://www.accesss.net/pnjoindre.html. How can I...

CGI files [ 1 Answers ]

How can I open or view cgi files I have a handbook but it is in cgi format so how can I view it Please help

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.