Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nelly1793 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2015, 01:23 AM
    Toxic husband
    I have 2 kids I diapers and need advice on how to leave my husband. He's toxic to me and my kids. Help!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 26, 2015, 03:50 AM
    You tell every family and trusted friend that you are leaving.
    If none of them can take you in temporarily, you go to a shelter.
    You look in the blue pages for the town social worker.
    You consider a restraining order if he hit you or the kids.

I personally don't like the word toxic used regarding relationships. What does it tell me? Nothing.
    You and your husband were relating OK not too long ago, because you chose to bring two babies into the world, and they are your combined responsibility for the next 17-18 years.
    A counselor is trained to teach couples how to talk to each other. Yes, it's a job.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 26, 2015, 04:06 AM
    I would start with checking for local organizations that support abused wives. They can suggest how you proceed.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 26, 2015, 04:40 AM
    Please explain "toxic". That could mean anything from abuse to just disagreement.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Dec 26, 2015, 08:04 AM
    As Tal said, toxic could mean anything.

Please provide more information.

It is hard to offer advice otherwise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are my crayons toxic? [ 6 Answers ]

I recently just had made lipstick with my crayons. I put it on not thinking about if they were toxic or not. I took it because I didn't know if it was safe or not. All it says on the box is bazic productions and that its mad from in china. It doesn't say if its toxic or not . On the crayon it says...

Is this wine toxic? [ 10 Answers ]

My husband made a batch of red wine about 10 years ago from a wine making store, not at home. I have just uncovered a small bottle unopened, filled to top of bottle. It has been stored in a cold room, but somehow got moved to our bar in rec. room. Do you think it's safe to drink? I did taste...

I'm in a toxic household, what do I do? [ 3 Answers ]

For about 5 years now, my dad has been the most awful person I've ever known. He's misogynistic, racist, judgmental, a hypocrite, stubborn, will never admit he's wrong, blames all his shortcomings on others and I'm pretty sure he's a hypochondriac. He's always tearing me down and not only has he...

Toxic parents [ 6 Answers ]

I have removed myself and my family from a very emotionally and verbally abusive relationship with my Dad. It was a discision I didn't take lightly. Here is my question. Why is it when I will not go somewhere where I think he may be, my mom accuses me of being selfish, uncaring, etc etc. I won't...

Toxic shame [ 13 Answers ]

What do you know about Toxic shame? This is a little I have read about it,how does this affect what we do as addicts? Addicts often carry a lot of shame which should not be theirs. Dealing with shame and absolving oneself of blame are important steps. When a child grows up with people who...

View more questions Search