Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tinkywink Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2015, 11:54 PM
    Cooking ham slices recipehow to fry sliced country ham
    How do you prepare and fry country ham slices?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 24, 2015, 12:27 AM
    Get ham and put in hot pan
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Dec 24, 2015, 04:56 AM
    Country ham is salt cured and very dry. That's why it lasts until Christmas (and longer) from slaughter in August. Soak your ham slices in 1 cup water per 1/4 inch thick slice for at least 2 hours. Put wet slices in a medium hot skillet to sear the fat and immediately cut the heat down so that the meat simmers. If you leave the heat up you will have ham jerky in about 5 minutes. Simmer until hot through while you put the biscuits in the oven. Put the ham on a platter and pour coffee into the pan (an equal amount to the liquid still in the pan) and stir your redeye gravy until the biscuits are done. Bon Appetit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cooking ham in reynold's bag [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 17 lb. hickory-smoked semi-boneless ham. How long do I cook it? If I put it in a Reynold's bag, how long does it cook?

Cooking a ham [ 5 Answers ]

I am cooking a ham for Christmas, more specific the label says smoked ham roast. If I put it in a roaster how long average does it need to cook for and at what oven temp? Is there a cercaitn temp it needs to reach with a thermometer to be done cooking? Any advice I can get would be appreciated....

Cooking ham for Cristmas [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I'm very new to this site and still learning my way around. Christmas is coming, I like cooking very much:p. I live in Australia (Gold Coast) and we have very hot summers, I'm serving cold meats and cold seafood for Christsmas Eve dinner. What I would like to find is a great recipe on how...

My dog is sick because it ate country ham fat. [ 1 Answers ]

Help. Yesterday our family pet dog(aprox. 20 lbs.) ate about 1/2 pound of country ham fat from the garbage. She started throwing up and drinking water. She started passing bright red blood. She is drinking water but not eating. Can anyone help?

Cooking sliced ham for buffet [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am cooking ham for a church buffet. We had the ham presliced. I am afraid that they might get dried out since it is presliced. Does anyone have advice on cooking 30 lbs of ham slices, perhaps with coke?

View more questions Search