Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Phyllb312 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2015, 05:52 PM
    Work
    Hi I cashed my paychecks a few times and I paid back my boss. I am still working there however. Every time I ask him for my money back that I overpaid. He screams at me and tells me he will have me arrested. Can he do this. It's been 3 weeks and I'm still there. But he s threatening me and I'm a nervous rack
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 23, 2015, 06:49 PM
    Without explaining further we have no idea what your talking about. Can you reveal what has happened? If not then it will be hard to answer your question. But your first priority is to protect yourself and not incriminate youself.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Dec 25, 2015, 02:02 AM
    I agree with cdad. OP says that he or she cashed paychecks, paid money to the boss, and then asks for "overpaid" money. What's that all about? Normally employee pay is the employee's and the boss has no claim on the money.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 25, 2015, 02:23 AM
    It sounds like you stole money at work, paid him back over several weeks, but paid too much back.

Depending on how much was stolen, assumning a small amount, they can call the police up to anytime the statue of limitation is for. My guess up to one year, merely paying them back, does not make it right.

I would accept the paying too much back, as a I am sorry gift and be glad they did not fire you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legalities of neighbors to turn my water off to work in their home/cut walls to work? [ 9 Answers ]

My downstairs neighbor moved in 2 years ago. It seems like they don't realize we live in a 2 story condo not a custom home. One top another bottom. There are other questions I wish to ask as well. But first the male occupant is a handy man and has been doing lots of modifications to his home since...

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? [ 2 Answers ]

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? They are also known an point of sale and kiosks like the ones in mcdonalds or leisure centres

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? [ 2 Answers ]

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? They are also known an point of sale and kiosks like the ones in mcdonalds or leisure centres

View more questions Search