Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pdallas2012 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2015, 04:12 PM
    Question for HR expert
    The company I work for will run a MVR or motor vehicle report on January, and my drivers license has expired last month. Could I get fired for not renewing my lincense ? I don do any type of commerce on the road and I do not drive any company vehicle, I work in an office cubical. Been with the company 7 years. Thank you.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 22, 2015, 04:16 PM
    Unless keeping a current licence is part of your contract of employment, then you have nothing to worry about.
    Of course the real question is why you allowed it to expire..
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 22, 2015, 07:55 PM
    Or unless you did some activity, like a DUI driving to lose your license.
    Or perhaps if you are driving illegally to work, (not using bus or other public transportation, and there is a high morality clause for work)

But what about your work, requires you to have a drivers license? Why are they running a MVR on you, is you do not drive for the company?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 23, 2015, 06:34 AM
    Why does the company do an MVR? Is it to check for suspensions, DWIs etc? Is there anything in your employment agreement that requires you to maintain a valid driver's license? Why don't you go talk this over with HR?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 23, 2015, 04:14 PM
    Good answers, you should be safe unless a licence is required for the job you are doing.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2015, 05:43 PM
    They COULD use it as an indicator of trustworthiness. Such as many places do with Credit scores. However it all boils down to what's in writing as far as policy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ask a question to paranormal expert [ 3 Answers ]

My wife have some problems last 2 years. She always frighten & crying when wake up in the morning for 2 to 3 hours daily. And also in the evening. Also she says when doing all things in the morning & evening , some one press her neck and all like that things. What I do? Any one help me. Is this a...

I have to discuss a question on financial accounting with any expert [ 0 Answers ]

Read the following transaction and answer the given questions:- Pankaj deals in furniture business.he bought goods from avinash rs.20,000@10% trade discount and 5% cash discount. But pankaj could not avail cash discount. Q1.tell whether the following transaction is in cash or in credit. Q2.will...

Wine Expert Kit Question [ 3 Answers ]

I mistakenly added the yeast first instead of the bentonite? Is it OK to proceed or should I wait until I can replace the yeast and start over?

Ask the question to the car expert [ 1 Answers ]

So. The problem is: the fuel tank was nearly empty and filled up the Mazda 2.0TD MPV by petrol. Would like to know,is it posible to drive with NOT PROBLEM AT ALL for 40 miles,then the engine start knocking and temperature growed up till maximum.? Or, problem is not in petrol. Please, Help!!

Question to Senior Expert Atlanta [ 1 Answers ]

Does a Not-for-Profit Organization have to pay Income tax or any other kinds of tax? The main concern is Organization but not the employees or employers. But if there are differences, please explain. Thanks for being helpful all the time...

View more questions Search