Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CrimsonRain Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2015, 01:09 PM
    Advice on DIY Lego pencil holder
    All you crafty people, I need your help. I am making a Lego "pencil" holder. I quote pencil because I'm not using baby food jars nor do I think these will be used for pencils. This craft seems to have attracted a lot of attention so I figured referring to it this way someone may recognize it and best understand what I am trying to accomplish. I went to a craft store last night and purchased my own glass containers these are more rounded like a globe but for my money and for what I'm looking to do I thought that they worked the best. This project has turned more complicated as do all of my do-it-yourself projects. The advice I'm looking for is firstly I bought the acrylic paint and the spray paint and I was curious if there was one method that was better than the other. Secondly I am concerned about how I'm going to draw the faces on. Most of the instructions that I find tell you to use a permanent marker. My concern with this is that free drawing allows for little error. How might you suggest that I put the face on with out free hand drawing it on. I was thinking of printing off the faces that I wanted to do and kind of use it as a stencil but I don't know how well that will work with flimsy paper and on such a rounded surface. Also I'm worried about not being able to cut out the holes and shapes to maintain the right shape and then I'm just back to where I started with the free handed drawing lol. I know I overthink things and probably a little too anal but was hoping someone might have a good suggestion for me as I'm not crafty.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Dec 22, 2015, 05:05 PM
    Hi CR

I'm not clear here...

Are you making a Lego "pencil holder" that you want to look like a Lego figure's face? If so, I'm curious about your choice of glass and who you are making this for? Let me know more, OK?

If you are really making a Lego pencil holder then again, I'm a little confused... they are usually built out of Legos.

I'm glad to help a bit, for sure... just need a little more input, OK?

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

First year, married k-1 visa holder, filing advice needed [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My son's wife arrived in US in June on k-1 visa. They married and once she got her green card, she started a small business. In her native country she worked from Jan to April and had taxes withheld. What's the best way for them to do their taxes? Should she file as resident alien? ...

DIY haircut advice [ 2 Answers ]

I'm going to get my boyfriend to trim my hair, any tips so that I don't end up looking like a scarecrow. My hair is just a bit longer than jawlength and choppy so a simple straight line probably won't cut it (excuse the pun). I know I'm probably dicing with disaster but hairdressers are so...

Lego CD [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I buy a LEGO studios movie maker CD? Please reply ASAP before 1/13/06

View more questions Search