Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunshine2110 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2015, 10:48 AM
    How can I tell if this is skin cancer?
    I just noticed this mark 1 week ago. Can you tell me if I should be concerned? Could it be skin cancer? My sister said its possible it is folliculitis. Any thoughts?
    Attached Images

J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 21, 2015, 10:51 AM
    Probably not. Show your mom, she might want to take you to the doctor to be sure.

Dec 21, 2015, 11:26 AM
    My sister said it is possible that it is folliculitis. What are your thoughts?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 21, 2015, 11:48 AM
    Thoughts and opinions mean nothing... only a medical professional can TEST... DIAGNOSE... RECOMMEND A TREATMENT... if one is indicated.

Those are my thoughts, so let your family doctor be your guide, better yet your mom.
    Expert

Dec 21, 2015, 11:50 AM
    Show your mom.

Do you spend a lot of time in the sun without sunscreen? Has anyone in your family ever had skin cancer?

Dec 21, 2015, 11:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Show your mom.

Do you spend a lot of time in the sun without sunscreen? Has anyone in your family ever had skin cancer?
    Yes I spend a lot of time without sunscreen. No one in my family has ever had skin cancer before.
    Expert

Dec 21, 2015, 12:03 PM
    There is no way we can tell if this is skin cancer from a photo online. Your mom will have to take you to the doctor for a proper diagnosis.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 21, 2015, 12:07 PM
    It doesn't look like folliculitis to me.
    Both sides of my family have had tons of various skin cancers, including melanomas, but none of us have died from them, despite the seriousness of melanoma.
    I would be a little bit concerned. No rush.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Dec 22, 2015, 09:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine2110 View Post
    My sister said it is possible that it is folliculitis. What are your thoughts?
    Is your sister a medical professional? Can she visually identify cancerous lesions from freckles?

This isn't something, if you're really concerned about it, you should be relying on your sister or anonymous people on the internet to diagnose. Please see a medical professional.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can you tell if you have any tpye of skin cancer to breast cancer? [ 3 Answers ]

I get this lumps that are painful. They are between my shoulders blades. There are cases were I pass out after feeling real hot. I suffer from unknow pain causes and It hurts to go to the bathroom. I also have trouble with sleeping I sometime go to bed early and when I wake up the next day I feel...

Does Using Skin Lightening Products Make People More Likely to Get Skin Cancer? [ 16 Answers ]

Hi, All! Okay. A lot of people use skin lightening/whitening products. It's a big business in many parts of the world. People who eat too much all the time and not burning off enough calories by exercising might run the risk of getting overweight. People who smoke tobacco products run...

Can Skin Tanning Give You Skin Cancer? [ 8 Answers ]

There are different methods of skin tanning such as direct and intense sunlight from the sun for long periods, tanning beds, strong chemicals being used in various "sunless tanning" methods tanning booths, tanning lotions, cremes, gels, sprays, airbrush tanning, and tanning mousse. Many consider...

Skin cancer [ 1 Answers ]

How many types of skin cancer is there

Skin cancer [ 1 Answers ]

What are the side effects of "flourouracil?

View more questions Search