Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jdutle Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2015, 09:57 AM
    Follow Hyperlink Macro only works in Pause/Break Mode
    Hello.
    As part of a macro I am working on, I would like Excel to follow/open a hyperlink to another Excel workbook.

When I CLICK ON THE HYPERLINK in the workbook, I get the warning about making sure the file is from a trustworthy source, I hit OK, and the workbook file opens just fine.

But when I RUN THE MACRO, I get the warning about making sure the file is from a trustworthy source, I hit OK, but then the hourglass comes up, Excel pauses for a moment and then nothing happens.

If I change the hyperlink to be a Word Doc, then when I RUN THE MACRO it opens just fine. Word starts and the document opens.

I did find a clue I think. I accidentally hit the pause/break button when testing the macro. I then hit resume and ran the macro again and it worked as it should?! But it only works in the VB window. I tried mapping the macro to a button in the workbook after things were working, but when I clicked it to run the macro things behaved as before. The file wouldn’t open.

Why does it work after the pause/break button has been pressed, and only in the VB window?
    Is there a way I can recreate that effect of pause/break in the macro as it runs so that it always works as it should. Thanks for any and all help!

The code I am using to follow the hyperlink is below:

Code:
    Sub HLTest()
    '
    ' HLTest Macro
    '

'
        Range("B4").Select
        Selection.Hyperlinks(1).Follow NewWindow:=False, AddHistory:=True
      End Sub

Check out some similar questions!

Excel Macro Hyperlink Not Working [ 4 Answers ]

I am very new to marcos and am having trouble. As part of a macro I was working on, I wanted to open the hyperlink of a selected cell (contains link to another workbook.) When I run the macro it gives me the usual warning to make sure the link is from a trustworthy source, and asks if Id...

Bryant gas pack works in cooling mode but doesn't work in heating mode? [ 2 Answers ]

Pretty much what the title states, I have a Bryant gas pack that operates like normal when it is in cooling mode, but once the thermostat calls for heat, the system shuts down completely. Even the fan doesn't work. Can anyone list the possible reasons this would happen?

My laptop doesn't work in the normal mode but works in the safe mode [ 8 Answers ]

Hello I need a help here My laptop was working fine until suddenly started to freeze . Now, It doesn't work and nothing could be opened; (software, browsers, PDF files, folders, icons, even the task manager and the start button do not work. But, in the safe mode it is working fine and now I am...

Blower motor won't shut off in heat mode but works fine in A/C mode [ 0 Answers ]

I have an older lennox unit that is pilot light. The blower motor won't shut off when the temp is reached on the thermostat but it works fine in ac mode. What could cause this? I'm confused because it worked 2 weeks ago when I turned my ac off and the thermostat is in auto and only shuts off when I...

Blower in furnace works in heating mode, not in cooling mode [ 5 Answers ]

The furnace is an older model Carrier. I do not know at this time the exact model. It is at this time about 20 years old. The central air is a newer Carrier Performance series model. It is two years old. I have checked to make certain the blower moves freely; it does. The blower in the...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.