Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    notcoolenough Posts: 95, Reputation: 7

Dec 17, 2015, 06:30 PM
    [mystery] Water Use Turns Off Pressure/Heat-Reset Breaker To Fix
    So we have had electricians say they have fixed it and we have had electricians say they don't know how to fix it.

-When using the kitchen sink or the shower (same side of house), eventually we will lose almost all water pressure and hot water. This is particularly annoying when taking a shower!
    -Happens during cold season (Sacramento CA doesn't get really cold, but enough to use the heater) so we turn the heat off before attempting showering. We seem to have better luck with this way, but it doesn't wipe out the problem completely.
    -The fix is to reset the circuit breaker for that part of the house. The next step is to cross your fingers and hope that it doesn't happen again during your shower.
    -We normally only have to do this fix one or two times during showering, but doing the dishes can force us to have to do this up to five times.

I have no idea what info I can give other than the above and our water heater info: Noritz model # N-063S

Any input is greatly appreciated. We have been dealing with this for years. I am putting this in Electrical and Lighting since resetting the circuit breaker tells me that it is something electrical

Thanks
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 17, 2015, 06:41 PM
    Im a bit confused. Is the water pressure the problem you need help with or is it a breaker that keeps kicking off ?

If it is a breaker then it should be easy enough to replicate and from there you should see the root of the problem. If this is a pressure problem then there can be many causes. Also running out of hot water too quickly can be caused by a bad (shortened) feed pipe in your hot water heater.

What problem are you asking for help on ?
    hfcarson Posts: 1,003, Reputation: 49
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2015, 10:35 AM
    Please try to provide some additional information:
    Is your water service public? or a well?
    Do you lose cold water pressure in equal fashion when
    you lose hot water pressure?

What you need to determine is if you lose water pressure on the incoming
    side of the water heater when you lose pressure on the outgoing side...
    can you do this?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Dec 18, 2015, 11:29 AM
    Petty little detail, but is the water tank electric or gas?

1) When was the last time you flushed the water tank?
    2) Is the tank and "Instant Hot" system or a standard hot water tank?
    3) If it is a standard hot water tank, then there could be several problems.
    a) One side of the 240 volt leg to the tank is out.
    b) One of the tank elements is shot.

Electrical failure will cause the tank to not heat the water properly or fast enough but they will not cause any problems with water pressure, unless you have an electric water pump somewhere in the system.
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2015, 06:53 AM
    I'm confused as well. That model number is for a gas water heater, but tankless. If a tankless water heater has an electric control then it may not fire.
    And the OP says reset the breaker for "that part of the house", not the water heater. I'd bet the water pressure problem is the tankless heater clogged up from mineral. That is one of the biggest problems with that type of heater. A water softener is a must or biannual cleaning. Better yet, replace the water heater with a conventional one, especially if the water is hard... they are much easier to maintain.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The water in my toilet turns brown. How do I fix it? [ 9 Answers ]

The water in my toilet turns brown.

How to replacing a manual reset high pressure switch on a ruud 2-1/2 ton heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

How do you replace a ( P/N:47-21604-03) high pressure switch manual reset on a Rudd model:UPJA-036JAZ heat pump?

Low water pressure-copper pipe-city pressure has been checked-pressure low at any fix [ 20 Answers ]

Low water pressure copper pipe low at all fixtures and faucets. City has checked pressure. They installed new shutoff in streetalso. They checked meter and was OK. I am orignal owner feed from street is 3/4".copper house also. House built in 1972. Problem started 6 months ago. I am at whits...

Reset breaker inside and out unit will not run ac or heat [ 3 Answers ]

My 3 year old carrier model 50HS 024 311 heat pump will not come on at all, no fans inside or out, nothing. The digital themostat seems fine. I have reset the breaker at the fuse box and the one out by the unit but no help. The unit was working fine yesterday cooling the house. Then we had a...

Shower water pressure mystery ? [ 3 Answers ]

About two weeks ago wife noticed when we turned shower on and pulled the gizmo on the spout to throw water up to the shower that after the shower was on for a few minutes that a very small lleak but strong line of water would start to come out of the tub spout into tub. No biggie shower still...

View more questions Search