Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    acting Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 12:53 PM
    Deeding your house to the back
    How does the deed in lieu process work? If we were to deed our house to the bank to avoid foreclosure and we tried selling it, what would we end up owing on it? How does it show up on credit reports? I don't have money for an attorney to ask these questions too.

Thank you!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 12, 2007, 01:11 PM
    If the bank agrees to take it back instead of foreclusure make sure they mean that you will owe nothing after you give them the deed,

If not then after they sell it you would owe the balance.

And part of the deal with the bank would be also how it shows up,

So basically you need to just work out a deal with the bank the best you can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paying the Back Taxes on a house instead of buying it [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is Tina from Missouri, My husband and I are looking to buy a house and I know there is a way that we can pay the back taxes on a house instead of the price they are selling it at. Where do I start, and what do I do. I have no clue where to look or who to talk to and if there are any...

Voluntary giving your house back to the bank [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know the nature of voluntary repo of a home. Can you let me know what would happen if I can no longer afford my mortgage and opt not to refinance because the mortgage would still be too high since I've had a death in family 5 months ago and I no longer have any assistance with my...

Need to Deed a House back to the bank [ 5 Answers ]

I currently own 2 properties and I need to sell one of them. It is a condo in Howell MI. We have tired everything to try and sell the property from paying closing costs to increasing the commission for the agents selling or buying the property. We have run out of ideas and money and now we need to...

Deeding back property/foreclosure [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I purchased a condo 1yr ago and recently had a disaster clean up crew in due to extreme flooding from cracks in the foundations and raingutters in stalled in correctly etc. The basement is destroyed , l lost 1100 sq ft carpenting ,paneling . Est. to repair $20.000 + Condo assoc....

Deeding your home back to the bank [ 9 Answers ]

If a senior citizen is forced to deed his/her house back to the bank, will that affect the senior citizen's credit rating?

View more questions Search