Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HairyWoodpecker Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2015, 09:44 AM
    Blue Screen Stop 0x0000007E in Windows 7
    I have a friend whose netbook is having an issue. I'm at her house now, but I will be going home soon. I will be back over to help her tomorrow. Her netbook sometimes has a message that pops up that says that the computer recovered from an error, which it said was 10000007e Bccode. Problem Event Name Blue Screen. I looked up how to turn off automatic restarts so that it would show a blue screen the next time it happened.

The computer couldn't restart, which happened before. It had to try to fix the problem and use system restore. After it did that, it was fine until the blue screen came up again.

The computer turned off and on fine a couple times, and then the blue screen appeared when I turned on the computer.

Again, the computer said it couldn't start and needed to fix problems. It had to use system restore again to get it to start.

This is the blue screen error that I get:

Stop: 0x0000007E (0xc0000005, 0x86c6688E, 0x87A97B4C, 0x87A97730)

ndis.sys - address 86c6688E base at 860B000, datestamp 561c7b66

dumping physical memory to disk: 100

Her netbook is:
    Manufacturer: Acer
    Model: AOD270

If someone could please help, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2015, 12:27 PM
    This can be caused by numerous things. Google is your friend here.

I found this: https://forums.techguy.org/threads/s...tbook.1079989/
    by Googling "blue screen 0x0000007E ndis.sys".

Best of luck,
    WallyH

Dec 13, 2015, 07:28 PM
    Thanks. I have tried googling it, but nothing that I came across in my search was exactly like what I was experiencing. I have posted on other help forums, and some of them have asked me to do certain things or asked questions, so I'm trying them.

Dec 18, 2015, 05:49 PM
    All right, it has been several days now, and I have not gotten any more blue screens, so I think that the issue is probably resolved. Thank you very much for your help!

I not only posted on this tech forum, but I also posted on several others. I received different advice from different forums, and I'm not sure which thing actually resolved the issue, but I believe it is only fair to include the solutions that were offered on other sites, too -- just in case someone else has a similar issue.

Here is a summary of everything that I was asked to do:

1. I was asked to find the minidumps and zip them together and post them on one of the forums

2. I was asked to remove the broadcom device and its driver, and then reinstall it

3. I also was asked to check to make sure other drivers were up to date

4. I was asked to install a hotfix from Microsoft https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2528614

5. I was asked to test the hard drive using Seagate Seatools (both tests passed)

6. I was asked to run Memtest86+ for three passes, and there were no errors

Things I've done on my own:

1. I ran CHKDSK

2. I had Sophos, which is my friend's antivirus, scan the computer for viruses. It found and fixed one problem, and then gave me a list of 11 spyware/adware programs that I had it clean from her computer.

3. I ran disk defragmenter

4. I updated her Firefox and Google browsers, and I had it update her extensions on Firefox

5. There were some Windows updates that said they were ready to install yesterday, so I installed those

If the issue comes back, I will let you know. Otherwise, consider it resolved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows xp goes to blue screen after log in [ 0 Answers ]

Everything I or other's log in, I get a blue screan. If I got to safe mode, I can log in. Help1

Blue Screen/ STOP 0X0000007E/ on occasional closedown. [ 5 Answers ]

My Acer ( Windows Vista Home Basic)laptop has suddenly started to have a closedown problem. Close downs seem normal then... Every third or fourth closedown a blue screen appears with Message and STOP 0X0000007E (0XC0000005,0X81C969BA,0XAE083C30,0XAE08392C). I then have to do a forced closedown...

Windows xp pro- blue screen of death [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, had to join after I asked a friend on this issue. ( And I thought XP was immune from this.) It say's: On Blue Screen; Stop: C0000218 {Registry File Failure} The Registry cannot Load the Hive File:\SystemRoot\System32\Config\Software Or it's log or alternative. It is...

What happens to Windows XP when it is a blue screen? [ 1 Answers ]

Meaning it will not load and the error is a windows profile error? >Moved from Forum Help<

View more questions Search