Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dianatab4 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2015, 04:30 AM
    Samsung galaxy tab 4 parts of screen don't work
    I have a Samsung galaxy tab 4 10.1 and the screen or parts of the screen don't work anymore and neither will the back button or the button to see all pages at once. The home and lock button still work, I can't click on certain areas of the screen because they do not work, and wwhen I try typing it doublee taps ths letter even if I just xclixckeds on it once.. I was wondrjng if it was the screen itself or something on thee inside that ca be changed
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 12, 2015, 05:36 AM
    Sounds like a warranty issue.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2015, 09:09 AM
    Have you tried a hard reboot yet. Turning it off only puts it to sleep.
    Dianatab4 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2015, 06:26 PM
    I have tried that . Before it use to have a tempered glass screen protected and a bulky case and that seemed to have put a lot of pressure on the screeen, what u was wondering is if it could be fixed, as in is it as easy as just caging the screen or is it something from the inside that has to bee fixed by a professional?

Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Have you tried a hard reboot yet. Turning it off only puts it to sleep.
    I have tried that . Before it use to have a tempered glass screen protected and a bulky case and that seemed to have put a lot of pressure on the screeen, what u was wondering is if it could be fixed, as in is it as easy as just caging the screen or is it something from the inside that has to bee fixed by a professional?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2015, 07:06 PM
    Depends on if it's a software or hardware problem.

Hardware will be beyond the abilities of the average person. And the screen will be the most expensive individual part if that's what it is.

If you can get to the settings for a hard reboot...have you tried a system restore? You will lose data..but it should put everything back to "as new" and if problem remains then its almost certainly a hardware failure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Samsung s4 galaxy [ 0 Answers ]

Does the new Samsung have a smart alarm clock that speaks to you when the alarm goes off like the Samsung s3 ? I can't find out how to do this. Someone please help me. Thanks

Samsung galaxy tab won't connect to wifi anymore [ 8 Answers ]

I've reset to factory settings and it still won't connect to my Internet my little boy is devastated :-/ please help x

Samsung galaxy ace [ 3 Answers ]

Help me! My phone is Samsung Galaxy ace, I'm in it I put the template (lock). Eventually, I forgot it. I tried every way West after 15 while I do not. What can I do?

View more questions Search