Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 17, 2015, 10:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    What is wrong with yours? What is it doing ?
    Nothing. Lights are all on on the tower, mouse doesn't light as if the tower is on, monitor says "no power."

We are getting a new to us one. Our computer buddy is building us a refurbished desktop for the trade of a box of ammo. He told us the update crashed the motherboard, or something like that. Hubby's been talking to the guy and hubby barely even knows how to turn a computer on.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2015, 07:23 AM
    update crashed the motherboard
    Software doesn't kill hardware.
    Expert

Dec 18, 2015, 08:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Software doesn't kill hardware.
    Thanks for letting me know that. I'm only relaying what my husband told me. He can build a firearm from scratch, but he knows nothing ​about computers. All I know is that it crashed after the upgrade.

Our guy is going to come pick it up in a day or so. Hopefully I'll be home to get more reliable info.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2015, 08:27 AM
    The operating system could have gotten corrupted and prevent a boot up. A good IT guy can likely recover you from that. Good luck.
    Expert

Dec 18, 2015, 08:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    The operating system could have gotten corrupted and prevent a boot up. A good IT guy can likely recover you from that. Good luck.
    No worries, he's refurbishing one for us in exchange for a box of ammo. He's been our go-to guy for about 10 years now.

The barter system is alive and well. We can afford a new desktop, but why spend money on one when we can get one in exchange for a little elbow grease.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girl friend is 27 years. Her last period on 9th November. On the 10th November I h [ 4 Answers ]

My girl friend is 27 years. Her last period on 9th November. On the 10th November I have slightly penetrate but before ejaculation I have take it off. On the 13th she had pineapple pieces. She doesn’t like to take any pill. How can she avoid the pregnancy naturally? What kind of foods she has to...

Had unprotected sex on November 5th and November 12th. But both time I used pill. [ 8 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex on November 5th and November 12th. But both time I took pill. My periods was due on 18th November and its over. But I noticed, after starting periods, some liquid things coming out from my breasts. Is it a symbol of pregnant? Can I be pregnant?

Window vista update (KB968389) is a bad update, how can I update my vista? [ 2 Answers ]

August 11, 2009 window vista update KB968389 is a bad update for my computer. After trying to install it, my configuration only gets to 3 out of 3 and 0% then keeps on restarting over and over. It won't stop restarting unless I turn my computer off. I had to do a restore to my drives to get it...

View more questions Search