Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Megankawas1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2015, 12:29 PM
    Expose newborn to Chickenpox
    Would I be able to take my newborn daughter to my stepsons Christmas concert at his school. His youngest sister had the chicken pox but is now clearing up.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Dec 10, 2015, 01:19 PM
    Hi Megan. I'm going to ask the moderators to move this post from the "Introductions" forum to a medical forum where you can get an answer.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2015, 06:14 PM
    You "would" be able but the question is "should " you. While CP is pretty rare in newborns, not worth the risk for your child. According to the AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics), the best way to protect your baby from chickenpox during the first year of life is to keep him away from children with the active disease. Since the disease is just clearing up, I'd use caution.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 10, 2015, 10:18 PM
    I would agree, personally I would not.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Dec 11, 2015, 08:23 AM
    I think the risk is minimal, but there is a risk. In the end it is up to you, I personally wouldn't.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I take revenge, and expose what I know? [ 8 Answers ]

Moved to its own thread I am married now, actually separated now for several months and I happen to know two siblings of my wife have stripped in the past. One is married and the other is not (no class). I know that everyone has a past but the interesting part is that these girls were raised...

Rights of a newborn baby can the father refuse to give the newborn back [ 3 Answers ]

A teenage who is 17 just had a baby and the father who is 16 is trying to take the newborn who is 5 days old.Can he do that

Chickenpox Scars [ 1 Answers ]

I have scrached some of the Chickenpox pimples. Now I have scars as well as deep scars on my face. Please advise...

Employees Expose FOX NEWS [ 12 Answers ]

So, you think Fox News is ‘Fair and Balanced’? :) YouTube - Employees Expose FOX NEWS Distortions

Employees Expose FOX NEWS [ 2 Answers ]

YouTube - Employees Expose FOX NEWS Distortions Does anyone still believe this is a news network?

View more questions Search