Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kimcat177 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2015, 09:39 AM
    Birth Control Question
    I have had irregular periods a lot, but as of late I had some digestive problems for the months of October and November which resulted in me losing around 25 pounds, all throughout that I did get my period twice, on October 2nd and on October 29th, which were both normal flow and length. As of November my period didn't come and as it is December and I'm hoping my period arrives. Before we figured out it was a digestive issue, I went to a Gynecologist and she prescribed birth control pills. The issue right now is I have never taken pills in my life, I can't swallow pills (I know because I can't even swallow Advil). I was looking for other birth control options that can regulate periods and I came across the Patch form of birth control. I was hoping to get some reviews or people's experience with the newer version, as I read that the original is discontinued. As of right now I am still waiting for my period, so please answer if you can as, I really believe it is the best one for me, just a little scared of the side effects. So if anyone can ease my mind that would be great.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Dec 10, 2015, 11:37 AM
    I don't have any experience, but what I've learned over the years is not to ask for other people's experience.

What I mean is, everyone is different and will have a different result. Some may experience side effects, while others will not. Really, the only way to find out is to try. I've heard it can take 2-3 months before your body adjusts--you might want to ask you doctor that to see if that's true or not.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 10, 2015, 02:41 PM
    A doctor you trust is the best one to ease your mind or an ob/gyn, and guide you through the process of choosing what's best for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birth Control Question? [ 0 Answers ]

I have been taking the depo-provera shot for 4 years now.. I was wondering what are the disadvantages of taking it that long.. will it effect me having children? Cause health problems? Any disadvantage tips would be appreciated..

Birth control question [ 1 Answers ]

I am 31, have twins, and have been on the pill for a long time. Recently I was having issues sleeping, bloating, etc. and decided with my husband to stop my birth control after the last pack (3 weeks ago) to see if it would help elminate some issues I was having. Since then I stopped dairy and a...

Birth Control Question [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 39 years old and just started taking Lo Loestrin Fe in December 2011. I had a normal period in December and January. The problem is 8 days after my January period ended I started another period. Is this just my body adjusting to BCP or should I contact my Doctor? Thank you for you help

Birth control question! [ 4 Answers ]

How long does it take the birth control shot Depo vera to get out of your system? I really need to know! Thanks! :)

View more questions Search