Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2015, 07:22 AM
    Finding blogs and info on health insurance companies.
    I was trying to find info on a health insurance company. I have been to bbb.org. It wasn't enough info for me.

I was trying to get an overview of the company and customer reviews on the company.

I thought a blog would help.

Any tips on this will be appreciated.

I can use tips possibly on future searches.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 9, 2015, 07:44 AM
    What insurance company would this be?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 9, 2015, 07:51 AM
    Assuming the company is in more than one state, general reviews may not tell you much.
    Each insurer can vary a lot from state to state, in prices, coverage, and reviews.
    Even within a state they can vary. When I choose a plan to add to Medicare each year, their coverage goes by zip. Not all of them cover the whole state, and I'm in a tiny state. (Medicare publishes a % for positive reviews for each one, which seem to run from about 80% to 85%)
    You may also encounter huge changes year to year. Companies merge, are bought out, drop covered areas, and so on.
    Finally, you need a lot of reviews to make them meaningful, because of the complicated and personal aspect of health insurance. It isn't like rating a coffee maker.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 9, 2015, 01:38 PM
    Start here

https://www.healthcare.gov/

Use your state, and zip, to compare plans and companies. You can then research those companies with Google, or request more info.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Switching from personal health insurance to my company's health insurance [ 4 Answers ]

I've been employed with my present company since 2009. I've paid for my own health insurance since 2009 (high deductible), though would like to switch to my company's health insurance. I was diagnosed with MS in June 2011 and it's a pre-existing condition. What do I need to know because of this...

Two health insurance policy for surgery and 2nd insurance not paying [ 1 Answers ]

Had hysterictomy in 08, In 09 got a bill from hospital saying 2nd insurance withdrew 2k stating that was my portion or my copay. Is this right? I tried to appeal and the insurance is sticking to it. My primary ended up paying 16k to the 2nd insurance only paying 600. What are my options. I have...

Providing Personal Info on Health Insurance to husbands EX [ 4 Answers ]

I hold health insurance coverage for myself, my husband and his children. How much personal information of mine (i.e. SS#) am I required to give her if any so she can use the insurance while the kids are in her care? Can I just give a copy of the insurance card to the physicians office and not...

Emploeer have the right to take home companies emploee health insurance form. [ 7 Answers ]

Emploeer have the right to take home companies emploee health insurance form.

Health insurance for diabetic, otherwise in good health [ 5 Answers ]

Next month, I will be landing in Texas as a new immigrant on my Green Card (female aged 55 years - not working). I have diabetese which is well controlled bu insulin and am otherwise in good health. Which companies would provide me a health insurance cover, even if they put a waiting period for the...

View more questions Search